Sample Resource Question

Kossae

I know this has probably asked before, but I can't find anything with this new search thing they got here. I was wondering where producers get their sounds. I know this sounds like a newbie question, but seriously though. More specifically, Three 6 Mafia or something. I know they're high hat they usually use is from an 808, but what about the kicks and snares, where can you find those? I've looked all around in little underground sample cds on ebay and wherever else I can find them, and nothing. Please point me in the right direction, I'm not trying to reask a question, because I know this has been asked somewhere, but if you all could help i'd appreciate it.

I see sample sites all over. Many of them will give you a free kit if you give em your email address.

With regards to something like FL, if you are registered you get access to 2 Gigs of sounds.

My site has a few motif kits and some other sounds. Plus all of the FL project files have sound in them as well that can be used even if you don't have FL Studio.

My site is a free site.

Now asking someone to help you get a free ipod via a pyramid scheme is advertising :)

Last edited:
True that, my bad.

I'm just looking for where I would find some samples like that, like, where they get theirs or something. It just confuses me because I try all these places and all the samples are lame, or I try the high dollar places and they're nothing close to what I want.

there's a real good chance they do a lot of work on those drums to make 'em sound like that. start with something similar to what you want and eq it, pitch it, run it through effects, etc. your drums will sound way better when they're *yours*.

Yeah, specifically drum samples.

I can EQ things, run them through effects, and do all that. But to a certain extent that doesn't work. You need certain base samples for certain sounds, and I know there is some source to get these from. However, I am going to try to use effects on individual samples more often, in DAE's and things like that. Thanks for the advice.

NFX said:
I see sample sites all over. Many of them will give you a free kit if you give em your email address.

With regards to something like FL, if you are registered you get access to 2 Gigs of sounds.

My site has a few motif kits and some other sounds. Plus all of the FL project files have sound in them as well that can be used even if you don't have FL Studio.
lmao @ actually using image line sounds

to the thread starter. they have a pretty good collection of samples from what ive heard from them have u thought about vinyl

Yeah, I've definately considered the possibility, but most of those sounds have a distinct hit to them compared to the kind i'm looking for. Vinyl has a little dirtied sound, even when cleaned up to me.

it can but it doesnt have to. ive processed a lot of my drums so that they arent that dirty but I know what u mean

Xabiton said:
to the thread starter. they have a pretty good collection of samples from what ive heard from them have u thought about vinyl

haha, who? imageline?

to the thread starter--

ueberschall is my personal favorite sample prducin bunch o doods.

zero-g is very popular, very prolific, very diverse. i dont particularly care for most of em....

big fish audio is also prolific and popular. i dig them....

google is yo friend.

peace.

there are easy ways and there are hard ways to do things. finding a kit that has sampled drums from 36 would be an easy way and layering your own drums would probably be the harder way. to be honest if you take some standard 808 drums and have your beats professionally mixed you will not be dissapointed. I also have some free kits on my site, one in particular is a drum kit. www.moneyistherecipe.com

btw, i'm not spamming and i've been a member of this forum for a minute.

highkoo said:

haha, who? imageline?

to the thread starter--

ueberschall is my personal favorite sample prducin bunch o doods.

zero-g is very popular, very prolific, very diverse. i dont particularly care for most of em....

big fish audio is also prolific and popular. i dig them....

google is yo friend.

peace.
i dont like any of those myself i like Sonic Reality for most everything and what I cant get from them I get from vinyl and make myself

I probably know you, I gave Dunn one of my tracks about 2 years ago, he spit on it at Poa Boi's studio, If your Red Cross than I think that you were there that day, I was working on a computer for him. (Small, small world) I'm in Texas now.

Back