Rap Production Samples And VST (Mainly Trap Beats)

FiveFamily

Hey recently been trying to make some Trap Beats and I just can't get the sounds for it. Been searching for days and have only really found one Lex Luger kit. Has some good stuff in it but not nearly enough to make full sounding trap beats. Also have used the Sylenth VST is dope but also I need more. Was wondering if anyone could give some help on this. I have the trackfiends.net sample pack but they're labelled so bad you can't ever find anything you want in them and they don't really have good samples for trap beats. I found this pack online called Super Producer Sound Kit Collection-Download Over 5000 sounds on hip hop samplez.com and was wondering if anyone would/could vouche for it. Also would like to hear any other ideas for sample packs and VSTs. I'm running Logic Pro 9 and Pro Tools on Mountain Lion.

Thanks in advanced need help with this BIG time.​

If your looking for trap sounds such as the drums. you might want to try the Sounds In HD808 sample pack. they got some pretty fly stuff in there. as far as vst's for trap music they use alot of brass so you might want to get a sampled brass library or try edirol orchestra which is a synth but produces all kinds of orchestra sounds that i think are realistic enough to use in production. For some crazy bass Rob Papens Sub Boom Bass is pretty awesome as well. I hope this helped

Trap sounds are everywhere and the easiest to find IMO and I think because they dont use accoustics as much.
Even when they do use accoustic type instruments, I can get away with using a few layered Brass synth or String synth and it sounds fine with the overall beat.

For me making a trap beat is simple, choosing the sounds is a lot easier to, I almost find that way more things fit, it just comes down to personal preference and what you think sounds best.

Just make sure you have the basic trap sounds, like Bells, Brass etc.

If you feel you need quality sounds.
Then buy sound kits that cater to that genre.

i kno exactly what you need and am willing to tell you BUT are you gonna make real trap music or this watered down bullshit they call trap music now

No one can give you anything to make trap beats, you just listen to trap music and use elements they use.
Someone can give you sounds, kits all that and you still need to know what you're doing.

Best thing to do, I still do this all the time, is listen to a beat as reference and practive making beats similar to that beat.
Listen to the beat and write all the sounds you hear. Listen to how many melodies/counter melodies there are.
What samples or small accents where used...example Bells
Basicly just disect beats you like and make something similar and get your own craft.

No one can give you anything to make trap beats, you just listen to trap music and use elements they use.
Someone can give you sounds, kits all that and you still need to know what you're doing.

Best thing to do, I still do this all the time, is listen to a beat as reference and practive making beats similar to that beat.
Listen to the beat and write all the sounds you hear. Listen to how many melodies/counter melodies there are.
What samples or small accents where used...example Bells
Basicly just disect beats you like and make something similar and get your own craft.
great advice id also like to throw in there dont just make a bunch of trap bangaz and try and sell that shit right away wait until you have a marketable product dont join the rest of the cesspool of young naive im gettin money attitude producers

^^^^ For sure and that's another boat I'm in.
Don't put out any beats to the public until they're banging. Play ur beats for your friends and other producers to get feedback but don't put it out there until it's hot.

Wayyyyyy to many producers claim they're sick with it and to check out there stuff and it's weak, and you know what I'll probably never go back and check to see "how they're doing" or "if they get better" cause I already have my impression.

Too many producers think they're good before they really are, me I do this cause I love it before anything, I'm in no hurry to sell beats and get my name out there. I'm eager to be sick at what I do.

Take your time stay focused and be patient.
Patience is everything, if you can't be patient in this industry it ain't for you.

Don't take any shortcuts, learn the ins and outs, that means don't only on TRAP BEATS
Focus on MUSIC, study Jazz, Rock, Funk everything.

I understand the urgency to get good quick, but trust me that's not the way to go, that doesn't exist in this game.

^^^^ Na man the vocals have nothing to do it, I mean you have certain artist who do trap music who have a certain sound and type of flow but that's not it though, because anyone can get on a trap beat.
The only vocal I think of when I think of trap is "hey...hey...hey...hey..." lol you know

It's all in the sound though...
The sounds you use, the 808's, the type of drum patterns with crazy hi-hats and snare rolls etc.

There are some key elements to trap music that give it that feel, and it's because you hear them so often in that type of music. But there are no limits, heck maybe while expirementing you'll develop a new type of trap sound that can blow.

And that's why I always stress to do your own thing...
Why would an artist want to buy your beat when they have access to Drumma Boy, Lex, DJ Mustard and those guys...only reason would be because you offer a different sound that no one is on.

Why do you think ASAP Rocky blew so quick, a new fresh sound.

Back