Is it possible to make this sound on Massive?

LUPN

I'm trying to get the pad sound right at the beginning of this song

P Money - Effing Og - YouTube

or something similar, such as the pad at the 0:27 on this.

https://soundcloud.com/m-a-n-1/m-a-n-bangin

I can make pads on Massive, but only airy/spacy ones, which is irritating if I need to fill space or something on a more energetic track.

Any ideas about sounds and effects that could be used to create that kind of sound on Massive? Also, do you guys known any more appropriate VSTs?

Thanks

This is really easily accomplished. The first sample you gave was doubled with a choir sound (which you can somewhat emulate in massive but it's a little more complicated), but the actual pad sound is very easy.

Load a new sound in massive. Go to the 'voicing' tab and turn up the unison to 4 or more. Then turn "pitch cutoff" on and turn that up to between 10 and 25 cents.

That's basically it. Obviously you can apply slight filtering, effects, etc after that, but those are just the icing on the cake.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Actually, about 10-13 cents is perfect.

This is really easily accomplished. The first sample you gave was doubled with a choir sound (which you can somewhat emulate in massive but it's a little more complicated), but the actual pad sound is very easy.

Load a new sound in massive. Go to the 'voicing' tab and turn up the unison to 4 or more. Then turn "pitch cutoff" on and turn that up to between 10 and 25 cents.

That's basically it. Obviously you can apply slight filtering, effects, etc after that, but those are just the icing on the cake.

Thanks man, this was a big help! I'd never really tried using the pitch cutoff before, it's pretty useful. With a bit of tweaking I got something pretty similar

Back