Pad, Lead and arp

Sosan

How do eye get the main pad, background arpeggio and lead sounds from this track? Any how does he get the hi hat sounding so pristine clean..? How do eye get this goombawave sound in general..

Yeah, eye know... eye need a little more depth than that..

---------- Post added 02-21-2013 at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-20-2013 at 04:29 PM ----------

Anything?

Use EQ, it does wonders, just experiment and you'll find something that suits your need.
Just an FYI don't know if you do it on purpose but it's
"I know" not "eye know", maybe that's the new thing do and I'm out the loop I just heard about the harlem shake being back

Lol, must eye write the same thing again? Eye know, but eye need a lil more depth than that.. He didn't just use an EQ and then boom, voila, he got all those sounds, and well done mix.. If so, which ****ing EQ is he using? Eye will buy that ish in a heartbeat... And eye know how most people type, eye am literate... eye see text everyday.. but ask yourself: What is I?

I is the singularity, the identity, the personal first person pronoun, the signifier for one-self

I know that you want the specific ideas of what synths or patches make each of those sounds and that that has been missed by all of the responders so far - I do not have the time to get into every single request for sound design id and replication - I pick and choose what I do respond to, to keep it interesting for me. When you want to know everything in a track, that, of course, takes much more time to devise a complete answer.

EQ is only ever a very small part of the equation in sound design and the generalities that have been offered only make this all the more clear.

If you are going to say use eq to get the sound be specific:

• EQ how?
    • High-pass?
    • Low-pass?
    • Band-pass?
    • shelving (aka high-cut, low-cut)?
    • parametric?
      • freq?
      • bandwidth?
      • cut/boost??
  • EQ what?
    • Instrument channel?
    • group channel?
    • fx channel?
    • master channel?
  • EQ when?
    • all?
    • part?
    • fx? (redundant but necessary for completeness)

Last edited:
I is not the singularity, I is the separation, identity is the separation. The signifier is separating itself from the whole. We/us/it all, is the singularity. Undivided individuals.

And ah yes, eye thought you'd understand. Now thanks for that template, eye totally hear what your saying, so maybe you can help with a little rather than it all... Specifically the hi hat, 808 and the background arp... Eye know the main pad is most likely a saw wave being pitch modulated by an LFO, but eye tried that and got kind of close but not exactly..

Last edited:
Back