ORION.

D

DYEONE

Anybody using Orion, what d'ya reckon. I've just downloaded the demo
Give me the pro's and cons.

Anybody know where i can get a copy in the UK (and how much) ?

Rich.

Hey,

Ive tried Orian and Fruityloops and a buch of others,
Id say try out Fruityloops b4 u buy ... theu both have similar functionality however fruity seems much easier to work with and get to making music. The full version of fruity is 99 bucks ... dont know what orion is ... but fruity is worth every penny and u get free lifetime upgrades.

If u want to spen more money also check out REASON (same guys that make rebirth) {might want to check out rebirt too)

But as far as im concerned for the price, functionality, ease of use Fruity is the way to go :)

Hope that helps,

Dan

CHEERS

Thanks for that (sorry for the slow reply);

I've already got F.Loops and Rebirth, not too keen on Rebirth to be honest, it seems more suited to techno styles not the smoother dnb soundz i'm trying to make.

Just reassure me on one thing, can you load soundz (samples) into rebirth (i'm 99% sure you can't)

Rich.

Hey,

I think u can through mods ... I dont own rebirth but I think thats what mods are all about ...

Also since u have fruity u probably dont need Orion. If u've got some bucks to spend check out REASON. It has all the functionality for the kinda music u make :). (Built in sample player ... and awsome poly analogue synth ... fully functional midi sequencer ... etc etc).

DanMan

[Edited by DanMan on 03-05-2001 at 04:05 AM]

Yeah i demoed 'Reason' the other week, it seemed ok but i prefer hardware for some reason (i'm more of hands on person !).

I use the sequencer on my RM1x to control my A4000 sampler and my PC apps which is working quite kool(so far), so i don't really set to gain anything from buying Reason (not yet anyway)

I'm going to buy the Nova module next month which just soundz so good and ideal for what i'm doing and am also looking into a buying a new mixer (digital or analogue, who knows yet. I just can't make my mind up which one !)

Fruity loops is really good though, i made some killer drum loops with that this weekend which really impressed me.
Tidy little program.

Thanks 4 the help.

Rich.

Back