Old Movie Sound

By playing a bass underneath strings? Just sounds like low trills. Or are you talking about the drums...they're just...drums.

I'm not sure what you're intrigued by.

Maybe you guys nee to turn your volume up or get your ears checked...... Or maybe I have just been spending too much time in the studio or both.... but if you turn it up loud or listen to it with head phones you can hear 808 like sounds underneath.... any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duh...they're just drums like I said the 1st time. We don't need to check our ears, you know they're 808s so what are you asking? Rapidly tap 808s or a sub bass with short release to a melody.

Drums are not "Bass" the closest thing to "bass" in that song are the trill/trem strings we both touched on and the bass underneath those trill strings I touched on. What have we missed? You are hearing drums that go on even after the rest of the drums start, why are you confused to how such simplistic things occur in music after "spending too much time oin a studio"?

Last edited:
It sounds like an 808's thats just being triggered over and over again pretty fast. It's also being pitched up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, listening to the completely wrong sound, guess it's cause I always loved the 808's in the intro... haha.

Who knows really iono either. Honest I didn't even listen lol. I just know 808s didn't exist around Casablanca times...

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

LMAO ni$$a that's some damn 808s... go home n read a book bout some music...... wow.......................

nvm I figured it out ....found the exact one on my keyboard.... but for the record I know there were 808s in intro but there was also more sounds... but nvm

Back