Next big genre?

Hardada

Hello everyone!

This is really just a shower thought, in the last 2-3 years, tropical house has been ''dominating'' the music scene, and i personally really enjoy that kind of music.
But then i was thinking... What will be the next big thing? Like can we allready see now, what will be the next big thing?

I'm do not expect to get a dirict answer to this, just to have an interesting discussion. :)

Riddim ( dubstep ) / futur trap ( like trap / futur bass ) and guys making sound without genre.

To me if you mind for average people. Just another house thing / dance + sing girl

Last edited:
Footwork is getting a bit more recognition now, especially after the passing of DJ Rashad. Not going to be mainstream any time soon but might be hearing a bit more of it in clubs

i think "electronic bands" (bands with synths) will start to take over. There will be a drummer, a singer, and synth player(s).

I think the next big genre is the one you love. It pains me to see all these people trying to fit into what is hot right now. Most of that stuff will be gone in a few months or years.

If you produce - make what you love.
If you DJ - play what you love.

Genres are just categories to sort of let people know what the sound will generally be like.

Those super secret sub categories...

The stuff Kaytanada, Goldlink, Cashmere Kat, Cosmos Midnight are doing. But I generally agree with the poster above me. Do you.

Last edited:
as far as mainsteam goes for the harder hiphop types i think theyre going to have a thrash metal/horrorcore/hiphop mixture with distorted 808s like that xxxtencion dudes aggressive music. Just my opinion...already working making beats like those.

History always seems to repeat itself. And from what I can tell it's a sort of reinvented use of techniques employed during the common practice period. This is basically traditional theory, and other common song-writing techniques. Also there seem to be a trend in the use of "Major" keys in many popular songs. These are all hypotheses, though. No one can tell until they create it and get it heard.

-AMinc.

Back