A new composition webapp by the creators of Syntorial

JoeHanleyMusic

Hi Everyone,

We're just about to release Building Blocks, our webapp approach to composition.
Official launch date is August 21st but you can try the first four lessons for free at the website. I'm very interested in hearing opinions from musicians/producers on all levels so I thought I'd post here (Hope it's ok to do so)

Last edited:
This looks very interesting, from a teaching perspective. Going to check out your site...

GJ

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on iOS yet. Trying it out on the computer now.

GJ

iOS is on the to-do list for the near future. Currently the lessons can run on Mac and PC, in Chrome or Opera. Our hands are a little tied with Safari on Mac/iOS as it doesn't support a key audio component yet. But as soon it does, we'll support it.

Man!!!! You have a lot of restrictions. Now it needs a different browser. Trying it on Chrome. I'm hoping this works and is as good as it looks. The new semester starts in September and I could use something like this (but get your cross-platform development going!!).

GJ

Man!!!! You have a lot of restrictions. Now it needs a different browser. Trying it on Chrome. I'm hoping this works and is as good as it looks. The new semester starts in September and I could use something like this (but get your cross-platform development going!!).

GJ

100% agree. We didn't want to wait around for Safari and Firefox to finish supporting the Web Audio API, so we released with Chrome (and Opera) support. We fully plan on full cross-platform support ASAP.

Alright Joe; I had a little trouble on the laptop, but downloaded Chrome on the desktop and went through to the first "Create" section.

Your app looks very impressive and super promising from a pedagogy standpoint. Please PM me, I'm very interested in implementing the program this coming year...

GJ

Oh, by the way FP Fam... That is a tentative endorsement. Well worth checking out this program!

GJ

Back