Need some help making my own stuff

P

Python14

Ok, I'm a newbie to this. I've been Djing for like 7 years now and really want to make my own music. I don't like playing other peoples music so much. I have first-off decided that I will get hardware instead of some computer program. My computer is slow as hell and plus I don't like working with my computer(too much to screw up). I need help deciding what is an OK setup to start with. I am wanting to make alot of Ambient and melodic trance so I don't need quite the bass and beat some others might need. Any help? Money isn't too big of a problem. Thanks.

It depend on what do you want:
1.an all-in-one machine
or
2.some dedicated machinery.

1.check out:
Roland MC 505
Roland JX 305 grovesynth (I own one)
Quasimidi Sirius (very QL and has unique sound)
Yamaha RS 7000 (has sampler)
Yamaha RM 1X

I suggest you look at the RS 7000 or SIRIUS!! (but read lots of reviews first and listen to some songs also, because there are very different opinions about this machine, but hell - kraftwerk endorse it and also aphex twin so it can't be bad).
JX is nice for ambiental stuff.

2. check out:
SYNTHESIZERS:
acess VIRUS
novation SUPERNOVA
clavia NORD LEAD
oberheim OB 12 (I've read it produces beautifull pads and sweeps)
+ many more

SAMPLERS:
AKAI
E-MU
Yamaha

DRUM MACHINES:
If you don't need the powerfull drumz, then you don't need a cedicated drum machine. You'll be fine with the drum sounds inside the synths.

But if you are looking for real analog sound, then go for JOMOX X BASE 09. Just look at it and it will blow your head off.

Hope that helps.
GOOD LUCK!
FISHI.
:D

Back