Names of remixing and djing schools

ariambola

Hi, would anyone know the names and addresses of some good schools that are reputed especially for their syllabus in remixing and reworking original tracks? Please let me know.

Thanks
Ariambola

I think that's something you gotta learn yourself...
You don't go to school to learn how to dj, or learn how to make songs, or learn how to remix songs... it's an art.
There are producing schools that will help you learn what you need to "technically" make songs though... is that what you mean?

Most tech schools have some sort of music/ computer department where they teach you stuff about composing and setting up a studio...in otherwords, they teach you how to be MOBY

yet clueless

Thanks, you guys, for your messages, though I am yet at sea as to the names of the reputed schools or individuals. Look forward to your response.

Ari

I'd say your best bet is to take music at your local college or university. You will learn all sorts of things, probably including some electronic stuff, but likely not a tonne. But it will be easy for you to take the knowledge you have gained and apply it to electronic music.

-Glade

:( Hello, thanks for your message. I do not mean to sound negative, however, I have studied a course on sound reproduction and recording. Sadly, the courses have just not been able to hit the nail on the head for me as they have tended to teach me about bits and pieces of lots of things. I'd rather concentrate on one branch of the tree, that is, making dance music. Also, musical equipment is expensive and since I do not know which equipment is really applicable to what I'd like to compose, I am hesitant to buy as it then really resorts to a gamble, and frankly, I can't afford to gamble. So there it is. Hence, I would like to learn.

I don't know any schools, but if you told people where you lived it might help them help you. Or are you willing to travel?

BTW, there is a lot of good software for audio production. Software is cheaper and you can try before you buy. Spend a bit of time with the cubase demo (steinberg.net) and some synth demos (nativeinstruments.com).

Thanks

Hi Az

There are no schools where I stay and yes I am willing to travel as I would be following my heart.
Will try both the demos that u have suggsted. Though, as regards synths: nothing like a good ole analogue piano to compose tunes but since I have yet not understood synths I do not know which is the relevant synth for me.

Thanks

have you attempted to make any songs on your own yet? before you go off to study all of this?

Send me an email. I will teach ya for free. We can remix a track together. I am no expert but I can get ya started. :dj:

Thanks

Hello and thanks for ur messages.

The delay in responding to the thread is attributed to survival. I am presently mindfully occupied with trying to earn money and saving up to be able to learn freely and to buy equipment in future.

Thanks, please let the thread continue as i am sure there are many people, like me, who would benefit from your knowledge.

Peace
Ariambola

Back