My sample library is a mess. I've got an idea.

Madcap

Hey folks,
I'm finding my library to be a mess these days. I've got thousands of sounds -probably many hundreds of thousands. It gets tedious looking through this stuff, so I end up sticking to the same sounds most of the time. I've largely given up on downloading new samples and kits because of this.

I was thinking that it'd be cool if I could find a way to forget about my local samples and discover new ones without leaving my DAW. It'd be awesome not to have to download every sample on the planet just to dig through a kit. Imagine a little VST that gives you access to a whole bunch of kits on the cloud. You can preview and import any sample as if it was on your local computer, except, you'd be getting the samples streamed to your DAW without having to go through the trouble of manually searching and downloading new kits in your browser just to go through them.

Am I alone in thinking this would be awesome? I'd love a little lightweight VST that lets me experiment more with my samples without getting scroll fatigue.

Well, almost a year has gone by and I'm back with an update! I've been working on this here and there and I'm finally getting to a place where I'm close to launching and need to get feedback.

Haven't promoted this anywhere yet (not even on my twitter account), but it's only fitting that the first place I share my project is on Future Producers! The site is likely to change a lot as I develop the product, but I'd like to know what you guys think. Crazy to think that I got stuck with this idea since I posted here last year and haven't been able to shake it since.

Anyway, check it out and sign up if you've got the time: https://samplevst.com

resample-preview-features.png

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I think, your library is not a mess anymore. What you have now is worth promoting. It is well-organized, in-depth and appealing. Great job!

Back