My piano composition is dirty ):

AuroraAxe

I recently made a swing beat with a piano composition and all I can say is that it's dirty~

Dirty as in it is disorganized and does not lead to any point.
I tried to add other instruments to the beat to harmonize it as well as a bass, but it won't sync. I'm lacking knowledge I need to finish this beat. Are there any tips i can use to finish the beat

Here's poorman's link 0-0...
soundcloud dot com/auroraaxe/the-groove

Last edited:
how about an audio example or notation example so that we know what the issues really are, otherwise It's like trying to pin the tail on the donkey guessing what your problem and is and then proposing a solution that may or may not work.......

you can use attachments to get over the link limitations or use a poorman's link such as soundcloud dot com/username/trackName; we are intelligent enough to be able to create the correct link for ourselves

so here's the link for anyone interested in commenting

Personally I would like to see the notation for this as it will allow me to offer better insights and direction

Last edited:
It's not too bad. I think it mostly needs more variation in the structure. Have it drop in mood and work it way back up and even higher.

and lol ^^^^ I've never ever seen bandcoach ask for notation before, seems like bandcoach is always doing the notating. i think i would have quit notating everything so much long before him, i would imagine it could wear on you! haha

actually no, notation is the core of clear communication about musical events. As with any symbolic language, it has limitations and assumptions built in to it.

The key here is that there at least 3 layers in places and i would rather have the notation to allow me to separate the 3 layers into separate streams and see where the flaws are....I could spend hours transcribing it, but in the end getting the notation for the originator is much easier and less time consuming....

Yeah, I know, I'm just giving you a hard time lol. It would be a total pain, I agree. But it's just that everyone's used to seeing you go WAY above and beyond in that area, so it was just kinda funny to see that. Kudos for all your hard work though! You're like the star of future producers haha

actually no, notation is the core of clear communication about musical events. As with any symbolic language, it has limitations and assumptions built in to it.

The key here is that there at least 3 layers in places and i would rather have the notation to allow me to separate the 3 layers into separate streams and see where the flaws are....I could spend hours transcribing it, but in the end getting the notation for the originator is much easier and less time consuming....

Should I convert the project to a midi and send it to you or just the flp

Ok...so if it were me, I would try and hang out at the top of your "scale"..instead of arpeggiating up then back down right into the beginning of the next loop, try and hang out at the top 2 pitches for longer by simple arpeggiating 2 notes .. You can then either leave your "loop" unresolved by not scaling back down from the top 2 pitches.. then when you want to create a satisfying resolution, perhaps during a chorus you can resolve the arpeggio by scaling upward..hang at the top...then indicate downward toward your root...you need not actually get back down to your root.

My ear for multiple pitches/chords isnt very developed...but I think the same basic idea can be transposed onto chord structure.

Thats my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Ok...so if it were me, I would try and hang out at the top of your "scale"..instead of arpeggiating up then back down right into the beginning of the next loop, try and hang out at the top 2 pitches for longer by simple arpeggiating 2 notes .. You can then either leave your "loop" unresolved by not scaling back down from the top 2 pitches.. then when you want to create a satisfying resolution, perhaps during a chorus you can resolve the arpeggio by scaling upward..hang at the top...then indicate downward toward your root...you need not actually get back down to your root.

My ear for multiple pitches/chords isnt very developed...but I think the same basic idea can be transposed onto chord structure.

Thats my 2 cents...

Thanks for the heads up, still learning.

midi is preferred - much easier to load into my daws reason 6.5/cubase 5.5.3/Finale notepad 2k5

i pm'd you

Back