music production for macs

I

ish

I would like to know if there are any programs from Macintosh computers that I can download and use to create drum patterns,basslines or anything(that has to do with hip-hop). I tried ReBirth but that was too confusing.

please help. thanks.

Hi Ish !

Too confusing in which manner ? Rebirth is probably the easiest soft to use when you begin computer music...have a look at the tutorial Mano did, I think you'll find all the advices you need to make it work fine. ;)

Click here !

Unfortunateley, they are less softs on macs than pcs, but all the good ones are avalaible (rebirth, cubase, ....).

Try to search at www.shareware.com to see if there's a shareware that could do the stuff you want.

I'll try soon to make a review of all the sharewares avalaible on macs when I'll have more time.

Yes, Rebirth should be the first thing people learn, because the sound is very decent, and what you learn is universal (pattern programming, etc..)

You should force yourself ;) and learn Rebirth step by step with the demo in order to gain the basic knowledge. The good thing is that you can do everything from composing ot exporting from within the same program.

Good luck! It is not very very easy but the tutorial should help, plus you can post ANY question you have here.

I'ma check out that tutorial of rebirth, that should help. Thanks. I'll check out those links too.

Back