Which is the most inspiring instrument when you start making a track?

libernoteprod

Which is the most inspiring instrument when you start making a track? For me, I could say definitely the piano, or a synth. For you? what is your secret?

Its the sound mainly. I usually look for certain sounds, whethr its a snare, a pad, a piano...its about the sound. And its the feeling the sound invokes.

Interesting vision, MegaloDeez. In my case i can say, very rarely can inspire me, a snare or a drum shot, because i often make the drums after i made the main theme.

I start with chords to build the rhythm on my guitar. Then I would work backwards with drums, bass, then piano playing the melody as lead. Sometimes, I would alternate between my guitar and piano as rhythm and lead in the same piece.

Drums and electric bass. Synth bass is cool but drums preferably real or real sounding drums. Synthetic drums are great I love a good 808 just like everyone else but I love the sound of a real drummer more.

Can't say fam as I don't make tracks one way. I could hear a snare and make the whole track around that (like a grimey or dirty snare and then making that kind of beat) I can hear a piano piece and make the track around the loop.

But, I can tell you this, for my album which is METAL/RAP and 100% different from the beats in my sig, the majority of the music (all but two songs including the cut material) started out with the drums. I made the drumlines and the guitarists were given a simple instruction "Let me know if you can vibe to it" and if they did we proceeded with the direction of the song and if they didn't (once or twice) I went back and made a new drumline.

Something about piano grabs me. Something about guitar too....they're just so particular when it comes to creating a sound, and they seem to be two of the most versatile instruments I can think of.

second on the cowbell. but i usually start with the theme on a synth. then build a kick snare pattern then start to fill the theme out in an 8 bar section

A Fender Jazz bass to compose, but a MIDI keyboard + synth to actually record. I lay down a bass melody to establish the song's stucture and then work from the inside out; deriving harmonies, rhythm, etc. Or I will do the complete opposite and start anywhere. I think getting used to one way of doing things can be pretty dangerous, but we cant help being creatures of habit.

Greetings fellow Sound Manipulators!

Drums, especially dope and crispy snare, and sometimes piano. It really depends how I feel and in what mood I am. But I see that almost everyone have similar ways when they get inspired around here.

I start with the piano.It's the most versatile instrument.After you make the melody you can always change the instrument and keep the melody.Most of the time,if it sound good on piano,it will sound good with anything.

Thats a good one, usually if im starting on a down south or dark track i start with drums 1st (from 808's to hats, kicks..etc) If im working on anything other than rap like R&B or Pop i love and i do mean love strings and pianos. it's like rap is meant(for me) for the most part to catch the beat (in my case the actual beat) but when im doing a slow song I try to catch emotions in my song so i start with a tune that can grab you with feelings. Orchestras or pianos !!!

Secret weapon would have to be strings for me.

usually a supersaw lead or pad which i use to figure out a chord progression, sometimes i like to place down a basic beat & a bassline and play a piano over it.

I personally love the piano, It is a fantastic instrument that can lead to a myriad of ideas. I agree with many others in this post regarding to the timbre of a sound generating inspiration. For me naturally the piano and of not the piano, the guitar... Instruments that I can write an entire song around

Back