Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Making your Kicks REALLLLY Knock....

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    well this thread has officially been jacked

Thanks
    Krummy, let's look at what Deranged said. To make your drum so call "knock", layering is not needed. Layering is needed to achieve a certain type of kick sound or to make the kick fuller dumb ass. To get a kick to knock, hell, just boost the bytch 6+dbs around 400hz and make cuts all all other frequencies and wah fuking lah, a knocking kick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteezy
    Krummy, let's look at what Deranged said. To make your drum so call "knock", layering is not needed. Layering is needed to achieve a certain type of kick sound or to make the kick fuller dumb ass. To get a kick to knock, hell, just boost the bytch 6+dbs around 400hz and make cuts all all other frequencies and wah fuking lah, a knocking kick.
    I ain't wanna just tell the idiot he was a dumb muhfukka that didn't know sh*t. But if I knew I'd get called a dyckhead anyway, I would have, lol.

I'm tired of net thugs, too. sh*t get old.

BTW there's no right or wrong, it's all about making hot music. Your ears will always tell you what your track needs whether compression, freq adjustments, or nothing at all. But no need to do a buncha work for nothing. I thought I made that clear in my 1st post, but I'm such a dyckhead, I was prolly too busy stroking my own ego.
    Last edited by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup; 07-13-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteezy
    Yep, everyone is gonna gave knockin kicks now.
    Last edited by Fire Productionz; 07-13-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR=White]Produced by Tom Colletti for Fire Pro[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=White]ductionz LLC[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.fireproductionz.com"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]www.fireproductionz.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]
    [URL="http://tomcolletti.blogspot.com"][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkred]tomcolletti.blogspot.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:bigeyes: [/CENTER]

Thanks
    Not to sound like a dickhead lol .. But 6db+ at 400hz? aint that going to give you one muddy kick?
    Last edited by noblewordz; 07-13-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    Depending on the kick Noble. Usually, boosting at this area then compressing the kick gives my kicks the desired result. I make my own kicks.

Then also Noble, it depends on the sounds that are surrounding the kick aka all the sounds in the mix. The reason why most songs today sound so thin is because the take too much bottom out of the recordings.

Muddy doesn't automatically mean bad do it?
    Last edited by Mteezy; 07-13-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup
    I ain't wanna just tell the idiot he was a dumb muhfukka that didn't know sh*t. But if I knew I'd get called a dyckhead anyway, I would have, lol.

I'm tired of net thugs, too. sh*t get old.

BTW there's no right or wrong, it's all about making hot music. Your ears will always tell you what your track needs whether compression, freq adjustments, or nothing at all. But no need to do a buncha work for nothing. I thought I made that clear in my 1st post, but I'm such a dyckhead, I was prolly too busy stroking my own ego.
    You were. (too busy stroking your own ego).

As far as telling "THIS dumb mah****a that doesn't know ****" anything... save it tough guy. I'd school the **** out of you and have degrees and certified Digidesign plaques to back it up.

And I'm no "net thug". I'm barely on Futureproducers. You on the other hand... not so much.

Anyway... everything in my first post was completely accurate and SUPER basic. It really is ashame that kids egos get in the way of their advice.

As I mentioned earlier the Threadstarter can feel free to PM me for any other tips. I'll try my hardest feed him as much "bull****" as I can.

Everything depends on what kick or drum you use but boosting 6db at or around 400hz on a kick drum isn't recommended. Mud would MOST likely... NOT ALL THE TIME THOUGH... be a problem in that area. Again it depends on the kick.

And yes... muddiness is always considered a "bad" thing.

Krummy? That's all you got?
    Mac G5 Dual Processor w/ 6 gigs of SDRAM, Lacie 1 Terabyte External HD, Lacie 150 Gig External HD, Control|24 Worksurface, DigiDesign 002 Rack, Pro Tools LE 7.3, Music Production Toolkit, Reason 3, Recycle, Melodyne Studio 3, Focusrites Liquid Mix, Roland V-Synth GT, Fantom X6 Keyboard, Motif Rack ES, MPC 1000, 2 KRK V8 Series II Monitors, 2 Near 05 Monitors, Blue Dragonfly Mic,

Thanks
    First off, if muddyness was always a bad thing, them distressors and tube preamps woulds have never been created. And lastly, don't be a dumb fuk, eq and compress by ear, not by a diagram. Case closed.

Thanks
    Thanks for this post, very informative on Reason!

Thanks
    k gave out a lesson get ya notepads out

Thread Information