Looking for the instrument / effect names in these 2 music clip

catsmice

Hi everyone,

I'm new to music production and would like to have some help here to learn how these sound is produced. It would be great to know the instrument name or effect name so I can further look into how it is done or where it can be purchased. I heard these in many music production so my questions may also help other new producers.

1. Sounds like a drum or something that goes from right channel to left. May I know what is the instrument or effect name?

Attachment: q1.mp3. Time: 0:02-0:03

2. I heard this many times in a lot of movie trailers. I look to me it is a special bass but cannot tell what it is or how it is done. May I know what is the instrument or effect name?

Attachment: q2.mp3.

The music attached here is only for a demonstration what sound I am looking for, since I cannot post with links.
All credit goes to its original creator.
q1.mp3: Credit goes to: Flower 秋風のアンサー
q2.mp3: Credit goes to: FAST AND FURIOUS 8 - Official TRAILER

Thanks for any advise or feedback.

Attachments

• q1.mp3
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • q2.mp3
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi catsmice,

The instrument in your first example is just a synth snare drum pitched extremely high and tight-sounding, panned from right to left as you said. The bass in your second example is a synth bass sometimes called an "Acid bass," which you should be able to find from a variety of sources if you are using presets or samples. Are you trying to recreate these sounds with synthesis, or just trying to identify them so you can find them?

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the information, and I am able to re-create similar drums as the first example plays.

As for the 2nd example, "acid bass", I am still not quite get this. Logic Pro X comes with preset "classic acid bass" and "warm acid bass" but it does not sounds like the one I attached in my last post. Also, it is unable to find tutorials on Youtube by searching "acid bass" which produce the sounds. So I think I still need some more help here to create the sound either purchasing an instrument or create it from existing tools/sounds.

The second example is simply a saw-based bass patch that goes down in pitch (this can be done with either the pitch wheel, or automating the osc pitch, or assigning an envelope to the osc pitch...).

Back