Lex Luger type sounds

Caine123

what would you suggest (or is it known what he uses, software) to get for the brass, string and leadsounds?

is it legal to use this typical dirty south lex luger lead which gets used in many beats from him or drumma boy or is it illegal to use it without permission?

Last edited:
i remember watching a video on youtube of lex making beats...he seemed to have himself a nice collection of orchestral samples..he may use samples, and layer his own sounds on them to fatten em up some.. as for the synths...i've read he uses multiple ones, but who knows which ones... you can make just about any synth out there with knowledge of how oscillators and wave types work...plus running different filters and effects on them...

as for the legal aspect.....i dont see how it would be illegal to use any synth SOUND...unless of course you're sampling HIS music...

to get that stadium arena sound he has for the brass and strings , i use nexus' orchestra and choir string preset played at a C3 octive layed with a the trap brass preset combi in hypersonic 2 played at C4 or C5 , EQ them both and add a lil reverb to the brass and layer it with a synth played at a higher octive , that should give you that sound he known for , oh yeah find a nice orchestra hit soundfont to add to the mix

yeah, nexus and hypersonic 2 seems to be the go to vst for making trap beats , and as far as this style being relevant ,it'll be relevant until rappers learn how be individuals and creative, forcing producers to come up with new styles , producers make what rappers want most of the time

Back