Korg Electribes: Anyone use them in their Musik?

A

AsidKick

Just wondering if anyone uses either the ER-1 or the EA-1. Just looking for some advice, guidelines, or even some examples. Any info would help. I love these boxes so much but I want to know how everyone else uses them.

Hey guys- I use a Korg Electribe EA-1 for making drum n bass/ nu skool breaks. Only thing is I don't actually use it to produce sounds (although I may eventually), I just love using it as a midi controller. It so conveniently sits on your lap so you can pound out your ideas and tweak things. I have owned it for about 1 year and 1/2 and when I got it I was using it as a tone generator for bass and pads, but I found the sound to be a bit abrasive and not as lush as the sound I was after. Its a good machine in my opinion though, the way you use it just depends on the sound you're after. I think it would be particularly useful for trance arpeggios and basslines, and it does make some decent sub-basses sometimes, especially if you sample them and layer with your sampler.

Thanks stasis,
does it have arrpigio presets and hw many waveofrms does it have , u've used it , can we have u're song, in which u've used the ea1.

Yeah, its got some presets, but what fun is that?:) I will be uploading my latest track to a site (don't have one up yet), I'll let you know when I do, will be very soon. It's 11 min. long, so will be a hefty upload. As I said though, I don't use the sounds on the Electribe, I just use it for control.

ok, please make the file 5 min coz it will be a lot of download time so plz crop u're file....:D

Hey DJ JiTen -> Do you have anything you feel like sharing? I have a few things to post, but I will have to wait till tomorrow to do so. What kind of sound do you like to create with 'em?

HI,
I like to create

Regular

Techno
Trance
House Funk
Trip Hop

Sometimes

Industrial
Hip Hop
Jungle
Instrumental

Hates

Hard Rock , Pain in the ***

I'll like to share my files in here, u're welcom.

good show I agree, those boxes are good (compared to the mc303 its night and day!) for live sets. I think they are a good choice for a lot of non-studio people

HOWEVER, I think the guy is a little over the top ;) look at how he turns those knobs, his arms are bent and stuff :) yahhhh yahhh :) hes the superstar

BUT this was a great demo though :)

Electribes...

Yeah, watchin' him freak out with the knobs makes me kinda wish I had the money for the ES-1 sampler. It looks like he's just goin' crazy on one or to knobs which are most like a decimator or something... Also, one thing I would like to say about the Electribes: Contrary to common belief, these boxes are great for live performances. I like the fact that the controls are touchy, it allows for a huge variety of sounds with greater depth...

Last edited by a moderator:
SHITOOooooooo,
BAS ARSE DJ

He's a Bad Dj

I saw that man, he'is like tree leaves, like some wind blowing'em to and frow.

and now my decision ,

Removes the jp8080
Added hte Korg EA1 & ES 1.
and a Korg kaoss Pad

We want some demo like these ManoOne, so we can here the possibilites of the equip. is that right friends.:cool: :eek:

Jiten said:
..... We want some demo like these ManoOne, so we can here the possibilites of the equip. is that right friends..:

:) yeah but bandwidth is too expensive :) if I start to host videos like these and stream them out to thousands of people it will cost thousands in GB transfer ;) ... and yes I studied the case before :) hehe

but good suggestion. Maybe one day

LOLz, mano, ok if u cannot give us the Bandwidth , so can u plz give links to sites like these. U kno wat i mean ;)

Back