Intro pluck Avicii's Levels

Update: Sylenth is not flexible enough for the task, been testing Predator, Alchemy and SynthMaster now. Being used to Sylenth and Nexus, I found Predator the easiest migration. Predator certainly is a big step up from Sylenth in terms of flexibility and sound, although Sylenth offers quick and easy modulation.

Three things:
1. The kinda arp thing at the beginning, which sounds pretty simple, or the main lead, which definitely isn't simple. Which one?
2. If it is the simple arp, you shouldn't need to buy a more complicated synth to make it. It's very likely to be just a question of tweaking what you've got.
3. If you are going to get into sound design in a big way, get a more powerful synth because sylenth is a relatively simple synth. That doesn't matter for most of the time, because most plucks in house are very simple, but it does sometimes.

Thanx 4 replying. It's the arp-ish sound in the beginning, although it is not an arp. I love Sylenth, but the sound and portamento in Sylenth do not sound right, waveform options are few and there is no portamento time/rate option. However, I tested Rob Papen's Predator y'day, sounds right and a very flexible synth.
I do not find the main lead hard to make, although the "whistle" was a bit tricky to make (made it both in Sylenth and Nexus + Fabfilter Pro-Q). Just a matter of layering on top of a piano and applying mild side-chaining (ducking).

Update 2: On the contrary, Tim must be using Sylenth for that into pluck, no other synth has that release/reverb combination....finally got it.

I ended up making the intro pluck in Sylenth due to its reverb and VCA/ModEnv ADSR. They just sound right when it comes to that particular pluck.

There is actually a video tutorial on how make this with a vst, i cant post links right now but just try googling it or youtubeing it, its there, if your using reason theres a refill that you can buy for it. good luck

There is actually a video tutorial on how make this with a vst, i cant post links right now but just try googling it or youtubeing it, its there, if your using reason theres a refill that you can buy for it. good luck

Hi and thanx for the reply. I seen all the videos and even found presets, e.g. Vandalism, but none nail it correctly. There are a few modulations/automations/alterations throughout the track which cannot be coded in a preset.

Back