Infected Mushroom Melodies

Frost-RAVEN

Ok who the **** does IF create their melodies? The sound really complex and I want to create something close to that level, but I never do.

Any goa heads out there have an idea?

Hell, does anybody have an idea?

Hi =)

-Just keep on trying

-Listen to their music and study it, 'how did they do this..' 'what sounds come here..' etc.

Btw, What synths do you have?

-They, like other trance-artists, use a lot of different effects.

-There are some good threads here at FP about composing psy.-trance. Try a search.

Good luck,
Robert

Probably the best advice I can give you is to pick out every one of their melodies that you like and to experiment with them. Make alternate riffs, and blend them, mash them, trade 'em with your friends, collect the whole set!

their melodies are pretty standard acid lines made use mostly analog and virtual analog synths - nord lead, korg ms2000, juno 106, etc. i think what makes their sound stand out is the very careful use of fx. i happen to know that they use an eventide orville, which is out of the reach of most people, but with some combination of phasers, echo and reverb it should be possible to approximate their sound.

Hello,

On the flipside of things, wouldn't you rather come up with your "own" sound instead of sounding like the next man?

The industry isn't looking for another "kanye west" or "swiss beats" or this one or that one. They tend ot be more interested into something new and different.

Dont get me wrong, I myself wouldn't mind being able to make a beat just like the aforementioned.I am not trying to argue, just thought I would throw that into this thread and see what responses I get.

Peace!

Yeah but Infected Mushroom Melodies are just so damn good. Very groovy things, that seem to go with the beat perfectly. I want to know how to do that better then I do now.

Back