I think ive figured out all chords but one here.

Yumid

Not for the entire song, Im only bars 10-17 right now and I think I have all the chords figured out except one. The chords start at 17 seconds and end at 32 seconds.

Im thinking it goes(I know the keys name is Bb, all my notes are as A# though so I'm wording it like that instead - Putting number of chord hits in brackets just incase the progression changes when I'm assuming its the same chord)

A#m (x1)
G# (x1)
F# (x1)
G# (x3)
D#m??? (x1) This is the one I'm confused about, A regular D#m above the G#(previous chord) was too high so I inverted the A#(3rd harmonic) down an octave and it got a bit closer but it still feels a bit off when I play it overtop of the original. I also tried using D# Major with the same inversion but it still feels SLIGHTLY off.. its really close though
G# (x1)
F# (x1)
G# (x3)
Then those 3 G#s fade off into a new chord progression in the next 8 bars. Not worried about those as of right now. Gonna go and try and figure them out right now though and If i have any questions on them ill just ask in this thread.

So ya to sum it up, I think i have every chord right except that one D#/D#m? Maybe an inversion I'm missing? I dont know, the harmony definitely goes up in the song but D# by itself is too high and that one inversion Ive tried doesn't seem to work. Im not gonna dwell on this chord too much as I have the whole song to analyze and I'm pretty close as it is I think. So ill just check back here and see if there is anything after Im done the next chord progression. Thanks

PS-If the next 8 bars are easy enough for ya it would never hurt to throw those chords in as well and Ill just confirm whatever I come up with if mine are right or not.

edit: are the next 8 bars A#m for a bar, F# for 2 bars then G# for a bar? BUT it seems like the first 2 stabs of F# are something different..Sus chord maybe? Also maybe the last 2 stabs of A#m...keep in mind I'm talking about the next 8 bars now now the original 8 the thread was about.

Last edited:
Hey,
Sounds to me like the same chords are repeated - Bb minor7, Ab dominant7, Gb major7, Ab dominant7 ?

Last edited:
Hey,
Sounds to me like the same chords are repeated - Bb minor7, Ab dominant7, Gb major7, Ab dominant7 ?

Hey,

Yah i already knew the first progression but Are they 7ths? You sure? I never even considered the fact they'd be using 7ths in dance music. I Also what progression are you talking about there are 2 different progressions in this song.

I have a pretty good idea what the chord changes are, right now I'm stuck on the last part I edited in the OP at the bottom. More on the details on the 2nd chord progressions(the stabs) chord changes ON that chord. If he uses sus chords or not. The very first 2 chord stabs of the longer 2 bar F# chord seem to be different than the rest of the 2 bars. I believe each stab IS Ab but I think the first 2 might be a sus or an inverted chord. Still havent quite nailed it.

Opening the door for 7ths gives me more options now but I'm still curious.

Last edited:
I just found a better part of the song where you can hear about the new chord progression I'm talking about where the vocals aren't masking i.

2:02 -2:10 theres a short little 4 bar chord progression drop when the kick comes in.

I know(i think) that it goes Bbm > Gb > Ab with the chord stab progression. But the very first 2 stabs of the Gb..what are they? Is that an inversion or a sus chord I cant find? Not sure exactly but when it switched to Gb the harmony seems to go down for the first 2 stabs then back up. sus chords aren't working for me. Gonna go try some more stuff.

Maybe they added the 7th and inverted the 7th

EDIT: Might have got it, i retried Gb Sus2 on the first 2 stabs and for some reason it sounds better today then it did last night, maybe my ears were just shot last night. But I think I might have it now? Still curious about the 7ths though.

EDIt: Changed my mind again, instead of a sus 2 i completely switched the first 2 stabs into Fm and added the 7th. Sounds a lot closer now. I feel like I'm there now, but i also thought that with the sus2 chords. Could use some feedback.

Last edited:
Hey,

Just seen your replies - I just checked the section at 2.02 and it still sounds like the chords are Bbm7, Ab7, Gbmaj7, Ab7

If it's any use, the above chords are made up as follows:

Bbm7: Bb, Db, F, Ab
Ab7: Ab, C, Eb, Gb
Gbmaj7: Gb, Bb, Db, F

Last edited:
Back