I might have bought the wrong cable?

Salt-Slasher

I bought the UX2( 2 alalog 1/4 output) and a Pair of TRUTH B1030A's which have 2 XLR balanced, from what I read 2 1/4th balanced, and unbalanced RCA.

I bought 1/4 to 1/4 TRS balanced cable and hooked them up, but when I have nothing playing, I get that sound when you turn to an empty radio station.

It's not super loud but I was wondering if someone can tell me if the 1/4th on the B1030A's are balanced?? I read on behringer that the 1/4 are balanced, but if you look on the back of the speaker, it seems to read that the 1/4 are unbalanced?

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

http://www.behringer.com/EN/downloads/pdf/B1030A_WebBrochure.pdf

I doubled checked and the UX2's analog out's are balanced 1/4th's.

I also made sure everything was plugged in tight, and snug.

Then the sound I heard was when i was listening to music, I pushed pause and i heard the fuzz sound.

They suck ass, even for the price!

I didn't find info about them sucking anywhere on the internet?

They sound great and all, and have a good sound, but when I want to sit there and do homework and leave them on for computer speakers, I can't handle that hiss going on, cause it is annoying, especially since i paid hella for "Studio MOnitors", so I assumed they were nice.

I emailed Behringer to ask them if they are faulty, and if they are, I will return them. I just ain't gona pay shipping on 30lbs worth of speaker just cause they suck, I already paid 30$ returning an android tablet, to get this and the interface, and it only weighed like 4 lbs tops.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Well I just did some further testing to find that with using unblanced RCA I get an even louder sshh, so I know if I get full balanced, then it should be a little less than what it is.
However, the sound is only really heard if you put your head up and listen for it, I can't hear them while typing.

But one fact that makes this appealing is the fact that this sound doesn't lower with volume knob, nor does it get louder, at all, if I turn the volume all the way up!
So it actually works out very well, considering I hate it worst when I get loud fuzz when speakers are turned way up!

1. I didn't find info about them sucking anywhere on the internet?

2. They sound great and all, and have a good sound.

3. I emailed Behringer to ask them if they are faulty, and if they are, I will return them. I just ain't gona pay shipping on 30lbs worth of speaker just cause they suck, I already paid 30$ returning an android tablet, to get this and the interface, and it only weighed like 4 lbs tops.

1. I found info about them sucking by listening to them side by side with, for example, the KRK RP series.

2. Which is it?

3. Behringer quality control is the worst of any manufacturer, not to mention that all Behringer products are made in Behringer City in Guangdong (IIRC), China . It's a massive block of cement where the underpaid teenagers sweat their asses of for peanuts - ie sweatshop city!!!

I was going to get either Fostex PM0.4 or M1 Active USB, but I was able to find these for 199$ which was pushing me up $50 from my budget, so I didn't have the extra 100$ for the RP's.

I did listen to the RP line, JBL, Mackie, and the TRUTH line at GC, cause they have switch board that you can change it from one to other.
And besides for the $500 a pop monitors(mainly all of JBL), there wasn't a big difference, all the $300 a pair sounded the same, and all the $400 a pair sounded, pretty much the same.

So comparing my $200 a pair to RP's at $300 a pair, I am happy cause I didn't even plan on nice speakers like this in the first place, at least I didn't buy M-Audio Speakers with a M-Audio interface, then I would be crying right now!

---------- Post added 03-04-2011 at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-03-2011 at 11:07 PM ----------

Behringer emailed me back, they said unless volume is turned all the way up, only then should I hear anything but silence, because of some "silent something" technology!

They told me to return them, so I am going to, I don't want broken speakers, but I have feeling if I get another from this place, the next pair are going to do the same thing!

What pair of monitors would you recommend to me for under $200??

m1 active usb 10x as worst

Well the behringer's actually kinda nice, but I rearranged my shelfs now their about 3 feet away, instead of being right in front of my face, and now I never hear that sound.

What I researched, is that all speakers make some noise especially all active speakers, cause they have an amp inside of them! Since the noise never changes it makes sense that its the amp!

Active studio monitors are not supposed to have any noise....AT ALL!

Well I went to GC today to test the monitors.

Every monitor at Guitar Center made the same noise as I hear on my studio monitors! If you stick your ear up to the tweeter you will hear a shh sound, and the Rockit RP5G2's actually had a err or whining sound.

And these were hooked up to mac's and I cut off all volume, and all of them still did the same thing?

Even the JBL's, Mackie and KRK, even the $500 each kind.

But I did return mine because of some other issues with it, the ssh sound and the crunch/pop on startup were the first reasons, but then I looked over my pair, and I could globs of glue on the sub, and one logo was picked at and almost falling off and the other has a big scratch down it.

Buy what you can afford. If what you can afford is not good enough for you, save more money and buy something better. IMHO, the Behringers are not as good as the JBL budget line (LSR 2325, and LSR2328) and I know everybody loves the KRK Rokits but side by side, the JBL's have better midrange to my ears. But thta's just my opinion.

@jackhzrd too much opinion, not enough facts.

@salt-slasher, you are hearing what is known as heat noise - the basic electronic noise generated in power amplifiers that represents the resistance to electron movement. It can be made quieter but it exists in all electronic circuitry - it is more noticeable in discrete component amplifiers (i.e ones that use real transistors and resistors and capacitors as opposed op-amps in the early gain stages of the circuit) than in integrated amplifiers.

I would not have bothered returning them as they seem to satisfy your current needs. As you get more experienced you will probably recognise their limitations.

I didn't have a big budget, I just wanted to start the first of my setup for less than $500. I have my CTk-6000 which works for everything, and the UX2 which I need to play music off the DAW's.

But I only planned on getting Fostex Pm0.4's cause I only really had $150 leftover even though I got the UX2 for $119, which gave me the extra $60.

I thought they were a good deal, cause they sell for $142 per monitor and I got the B1030A's for $200. So if you think I paid $300 for these instead of the krk, I didn't.

If I really had $400 I would with no question get the JBL. What I really want is a pair of JBL LSR 2328P with Subwoofer LSR 2310SP and the controller MSC 1. But I have many thing to get first before then.

I still need a mic, Agile Guitar and Bass, and Electronic Drumset. These are my next in liners, also my old friend told me he has an unopened Mbox 2 unused for sale today, so I want to try and get it, so I can use pro tools!

Back