I found a big secret about trap beats...scarry

Except of course that Isaac Hayes wrote it all with the Theme from Shaft way back at the start of the 70's: listen to the last section where he's telling you about Shaft - it goes Fmaj7-Em7 over and over. Trap just reversed that and made it Em7-Fmaj7 over and over

Last edited:
pretty sure using a minor scale doesn't make it evil. Phrygian however....

Not evil sure, but major keys are known to be uplifting where as minor keys are known to be sad, mellow, down, scary however you want to describe it.

Trap is repetitive leads w massive 808 a vary simple mix bt the emphasis is usually on da drums. Crisp and over the top.

Trap is repetitive leads w massive 808 a vary simple mix bt the emphasis is usually on da drums. Crisp and over the top.

Honestly though, trap beats IMO are not anything special. No nice melodies or anything, just repetitive melodies and arps and a lot of bass and sound FX.
The best production are the beats that can be listened to without any artist on it, just as an instrumental. Because the melodies are beautiful, the progressions are interestings, the samples used are cool, whatever the reason.
Trap sounds great in the club, but to just listen to, no way. Everything from the beat to the lyrical content give me a headache.

Trap beats all sound the same, it's all about the artist who gets on it.

I agree to me trap beats sound the same 1 3 5 arpegiation going up and down with an 808 kick and 808 snare with snare rolls and hat rolls nothing fancy and we cant forget of course the same chant "what" in every track lolz but it will eventually die out because we the hiphop producers no that theres only so much reptitive mainstream bs the listenener can stand

I agree to me trap beats sound the same 1 3 5 arpegiation going up and down with an 808 kick and 808 snare with snare rolls and hat rolls nothing fancy and we cant forget of course the same chant "what" in every track lolz but it will eventually die out because we the hiphop producers no that theres only so much reptitive mainstream bs the listenener can stand
don't forget that crowd chant and Aye!

LOL word though, never liked trapped beats.
Trap beats are like Soca/Calypso musi, gets made annoying after a while, so loud and repetitive.
Trap is good for clubs and working out, but not to sit down and enjoy.
AYE

Back