How to make this synth sound?:)

The sausage fattener is like a saturator/distortion plugin.. I don't think it'd be necessary to create that sound, merely to spice it up maybe but there are many ways to do that.

Oh man, none of the videos I have explains saturator >M< I'l have to look into that to understand lol xD thanks though

Sausage Fattener is awesome, I use it all the time, very versatile. This VST is a cocktail of different effects, very good for enhancing kick drums and bass. Like Trilian a definite necessity.

I'll try it out right away just to see what it does lol you seem really happy with it so its worth a shot :3 is it only for kicks and bass? Because lately I've been thinking my claps arent quite right yet. I've been trying to get this really sharp like clap for my song. Idk how to explain it but its really it shoulds s if it has a little white noise in it, but its quick and sharp. Its a clap style in a lot of electro music :o does the VST help with claps too? OR just kicks and bass?

Seems like you primarily need some EQ adjustment, I recommend using FabFilter Pro-Q, it's fabulous. Another easy way to get the sizzle you're after is Quikquak's Upstereo Pro.

Yes, the Sausage Fattener can be used to color and fatten up your claps. Use the Sausage Fattener on a single channel with moderate settings as a musical compressor. Turn it up and you have a dirty bastard of distortion. But you can also use the plugin on a bus (for example all the drums and the bass) or the whole track as a mastering plugin.

Seems like you primarily need some EQ adjustment, I recommend using FabFilter Pro-Q, it's fabulous. Another easy way to get the sizzle you're after is Quikquak's Upstereo Pro.

Yes, the Sausage Fattener can be used to color and fatten up your claps. Use the Sausage Fattener on a single channel with moderate settings as a musical compressor. Turn it up and you have a dirty bastard of distortion. But you can also use the plugin on a bus (for example all the drums and the bass) or the whole track as a mastering plugin.

Oh Thank you :) and is that one free? Because the Fab Filter I'm using now is just a trial version right now :O

Well, I see you already got acquainted with Team ASSiGN (Sausage Fattener) ;-) Both Sausage Fattener and FabFilter Pro-Q are relatively inexpensive plugins, I recommend buying them as they will most probably become essential elements in your VST arsenal.

Well, I see you already got acquainted with Team ASSiGN (Sausage Fattener) ;-) Both Sausage Fattener and FabFilter Pro-Q are relatively inexpensive plugins, I recommend buying them as they will most probably become essential elements in your VST arsenal.

Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind :) If I may ask, do you know how I can obtain a clap sound similar to this ( It starts right at the beginning btw ) ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DK5NhcXEps I've been messing around in Ableton but it doesnt turn out really well and I feel lke I"m almost done with my first song, well making the sounds at least, then comes arrangment, etc. 2014-04-06 18_16_31-Greenshot.jpgI"m trying to get this electro/J-pop sound/feel down. So far its getting there but its giving off more of a Trance like vibe right now. I believe its because of the " Off world strings " synth I have x.x but no worries no worries. But yeah any of you know how I can get that sharp, echoish like clap thats constantly playing. I know there is a reverse clap ( going to learn how to do that shortly ) but what do I do in order to get the clap that comes after the reverse clap below it to help the effect sound like it is on the song. Thanks for the help everyone. I"ll post the song for a little feed back once Its done or I feel its done. I'm a newbie so please forgive me >< bu gotta chase our dreams right ?:3

Attachments

• 2014-04-06 17_59_00-Greenshot.jpg
    2014-04-06 17_59_00-Greenshot.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 2014-04-06 18_09_45-Greenshot.jpg
    2014-04-06 18_09_45-Greenshot.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind :) If I may ask, do you know how I can obtain a clap sound similar to this ( It starts right at the beginning btw ) ?

I have to say that even after several listens to the start I could not hear the clap you are referring to - all I could hear was what sounded like an 808 snare

I did let it play all the way through in hopes of hearing it again and got a clue right at the end with the panned repeated crash cymbal - the cymbal is the one found in the TR707 soundset, so it is likely that the clap is from the same soundset

here is a free download source for the samples found on the tr707

Progsounds Roland TR-707 Samples Pack | Progsounds.com

Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer - Free sample pack - vstplanet.com

Last edited:
Do you mean the white noise which comes just before the kick from 0:00-0:30 ? This is really simple, use Sylenth and choose a white noise wave with cutoff.

I have to say that even after several listens to the start I could not hear the clap you are referring to - all I could hear was what sounded like an 808 snare

I did let it play all the way through in hopes of hearing it again and got a clue right at the end with the panned repeated crash cymbal - the cymbal is the one found in the TR707 soundset, so it is likely that the clap is from the same soundset

here is a free download source for the samples found on the tr707

Progsounds Roland TR-707 Samples Pack | Progsounds.com

Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer - Free sample pack - vstplanet.com

Oh man so thats a snare? x-x I always thought that was a clap. Sorry for the mixup, I guess I'lll need to go learn the difference between the two now lol. My world has been turned upside down, all this time I've thought that was a clap. I dont really understand the difference between the two sorry >< So now its a snare I'll have to work on in order to get that sound.

Do you mean the white noise which comes just before the kick from 0:00-0:30 ? This is really simple, use Sylenth and choose a white noise wave with cutoff.

Nono, I think I just got the name of the sound wrong. x.x I'm still trying to get the hang of when certain sounds are used, ind of figured out how bass works, but now the whole snare thing cought me off guard. They can be used instead of claps? And whats the difference between the two? o.o Because all this time I"ve thought that was nothing more than a clap, that plays in this song from beginning till the end. But he says its a snare :o forgive me ><

Also thank you guys for the help, its change a lot lol. More than you ever know! I've gotten a lot more motivated towards music now ( Cause I was in a depressing hole and didnt make any progress T~T ) So working even harder now to obtain sounds similar to Livetunes, and other favorites ( but mostly livetune lol ^ ^ )

Last edited:
Back