How to make a song LOW QUALITY?

Dennis1990

I make money selling my beats beats through youtube.

And have people emailing If they want to lease a beat

I put tags throughout the beat so its difficult to take it off youtube but I don't want fill the beat up with tags
But at the same time if I put less tags there are ways someone can loop a portion of it that doesn't have the tag

I was thinking about posting LOW QUALITY sound of the beat on youtube and not that much tags

Any suggestions on how to have add LOW QUALITY on a beat?

Like less knock on the 808s,kicks,snare,hats, etc?

do a conversion to 64kbps mp3 before uploading or put it through a bit crusher (drastic measure really)

How about you throw down some rhymes over the top of the beat yourself? 'This beat is the s**t, don't pirate it, either fork out the dollar, or listen to me holler' repeated over and over. :D

It would make it impossible to separate out the beat from the words, without detracting from the quality.

Alternatively get someone else to rap and use that as the demo track.

Last edited:
record the news from the tv and use it as a low volume sample over the beat, should stop any type of ripping

Or you could only upload at the lowest quality..240 I think is the lowest keep the beat the same u can still throw a couple of tags on it....to be honest with ya I know how ya feel don't stress it to much if someone wants ur shit they'll get it and honestly I know your thinking in "NOW" terms but the more people that hears ur music the better I don't know how many times I heard back ass rappers on a good beat and was like I wonder who the producer is..just some food for thought

Or you could only upload at the lowest quality..240 I think is the lowest keep the beat the same u can still throw a couple of tags on it....to be honest with ya I know how ya feel don't stress it to much if someone wants ur shit they'll get it and honestly I know your thinking in "NOW" terms but the more people that hears ur music the better I don't know how many times I heard back ass rappers on a good beat and was like I wonder who the producer is..just some food for thought
This is also true... the amount you'd pay for advertising a low quality beat is a lot more than the money you'll lose because someone pirated your beat. Exposure is worth a lot, I believe.

Back