how to make chord progressions?

R

rurokenji

Hey,

can anyone teach me how to make my own chord progressions? From what i have read it's got something to do with the circle of fiifths?

Thanks

I think that you actually need to do a little searching - this has been answered in depth a number of times, I am not going to rewrite what you can already find here at fp

I have tried searching but my main query is, that to make chord progressions will i need to make use of the circle of fifths or whatever it is called? Once, i know i will do my research on the circl of fifths or whatever

In short you do not need to use the Cycle of Fifths (the circle is about key signatures and relationships, the cycle is about moving within a specific key)
- using cadences is one way forward,
- using the Cycle is another,
- using substitutions in conjunction with either of these two is a 3rd way forward

Yea was gonna say if you just look at my posts, I think I drove bandcoach nuts with every possible question, but learned a lot.

Just search chord progressions, even circle of 5ths I'm pretty sure I started a thread for. There's tons of info, it's one of the most raised questions.

yea was gonna say if you just look at my posts, i think i drove bandcoach nuts with every possible question, but learned a lot.

Just search chord progressions, even circle of 5ths i'm pretty sure i started a thread for. There's tons of info, it's one of the most raised questions.
tdot back in da buildin'!

Yea was gonna say if you just look at my posts, I think I drove bandcoach nuts with every possible question, but learned a lot.

No insanity induced by them, exasperation at times, but the point is that you asked the right questions when you did not understand and that is the hallmark of someone who wants to know and understand - forced me to refine the message over the course of several threads and scores of posts (probably hundreds) :)

Just search chord progressions, even circle of 5ths I'm pretty sure I started a thread for. There's tons of info, it's one of the most raised questions.

I'm currently sifting through all the backlog of posts to edit together few good stickies on the subject

No insanity induced by them, exasperation at times, but the point is that you asked the right questions when you did not understand and that is the hallmark of someone who wants to know and understand - forced me to refine the message over the course of several threads and scores of posts (probably hundreds) :)

I'm currently sifting through all the backlog of posts to edit together few good stickies on the subject

^^^ That's why BC is the man, always willing to help those in need

Hey,

can anyone teach me how to make my own chord progressions? From what i have read it's got something to do with the circle of fiifths?

Thanks

identify the notes of your melody then determine which scale fits "most"

Build you chords off that scale, following your melody.

Back