Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make beats not sound like loops.

Thanks

Question How to make beats not sound like loops.

Sign in to disable this ad
    How to make beats not sound like loops.

Anybody have any good advice on how to make you're beats not sound so much like loops? I'm having a hard time with this so far. I use alot of samples and mix em in whenever i have a good drum pattern going. Is this something simple to fix by. measly muting and un-muting instruments whenever recording? Like have you're drums going for a good minute then have that sample lead come in a lil after to work ya chorus? Any tutorials on this anywhere? Any tips from experienced beat-makers would be appreciated cause this is the only problem im having with my beats. Basically i wanna know how pple arrange their beats with alot of samples so it'll sound like a real song and not a loop.

Thanks
    I'm a little confused, are you referring to the sequencing of a track or the actual arrangement of the chops. Because both are kinda dictated by the sample and the mood of the sample thats given to the listener. The best thing to do is to try and find 2 loops with the chops so u can alternate for a break down, perhaps even add your own instruments on top. Composing and sampling should go hand in hand in my opinion anyway.

Thanks
    chop it up.
    [COLOR=Red][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5][URL="http://www.myspace.com/beatmaker91"]www.myspace.com/beatmaker91[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Thanks
    I guess you can say the sequencing of a the track when you record. I don't know to much about chopping up a loop yet. I don't really use loops i build my own drum pattern and add my own sampled instrument with it, but it always sounds like a loop. Like no change ups with the drums or a chorus. Like a intro.middle and ending if you know what i mean. I basically always use a simple drum pattern i come up with and a lead instrument and thats it. I haven't tried recording or arranging parts for it yet.

Thanks
    well its all in the song.. the intro could be a secondary sample without drums then the chorus could be the main sample with the drums then in the verse just chop it up get creative and add your own instruments

Thanks
    Add fills, maybe a small one at the end of the 4th bar and a bigger one at the end of the 8th.

Bring percussion in and out, drop hats in and out, drop some claps on your snares/take them out. Go from 8ths to 16ths for the hi hat patterns at times, just vary what you are dojng and don't get too lazy.

This is why I like the Redrum in Reason. I program a beat, copy it to several other free patterns and edit it, then drop then in and out of the arrangement, or audition them on the fly to see if it keeps the interest up.

Thanks
    One way is to allow your sounds to finish themselves out.

If you are using reason and you track your beats out in Pro Tools like I do, then you must set your loop a little longer when you are exporting your loops. Sometimes sounds get cut off, therefore exposing where your "loop" ends and begins. So just let your sounds finish (some sounds fade on their own. Or just try disguising them with an fx or a hit. I don't know if you understand, but it really helped me.

But if you are a sampler, just chop them cleaner i guess.

I hope that helped a little

Thanks
    Avoid using short sequences - try for at least 8 bars, prefferably more, so that you can put in lots of little variations. Real (live) music is constantly changing in velocity/volume so try to add a little bit of variation there too.
    [COLOR=#cccccc][FONT=Verdana]50 feet away boys, you know the rules[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks
    a big plus in making a loop not sound like a loop is stereo.When a sample is stereo,it's almost like you realize a different instrument everytime it loops.

Thanks
    depends on what you're using...I, like most, track my songs out into Cubase or Protools. With each sound now having it's own track...you can sequence/arrange as necessary. Basically, all your doing is taking parts in and out throughout the length of the beat to give it song structure.

Thread Information