HOW the heck do I make this electric guitar sound!!?? XD

Jonah White

Hey guys!

Although it's probably really simple, this is an electric guitar sound that I have been trying to recreate using synthesis (mostly in Native Instruments' Massive) for AGES. I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on how to make it.
It has a very soft and full kind of grainy tone....not harsh at all. What kind of distortion (if any
is being used) is it exactly?? Could I create this sound by passing a synth through Guitar Rig 5?
Please help if you know anything at all about how to synthesize it.....or anything else about
it really...

It shows up in particular in the chorus of this song and precisely at 1:42 ...although it's actually low passed through most of the verses...

Last edited:
sounds like an

OD-1 and a CE-2 with a BF-1 (all boss pedals)

OD1 = moderate drive,
CE-1 = rate at 50% depth at 30%,
FBF-1 a little more tricky to decipher in this mix context

guitar itself could be a strat on bridge pickup or mix of bridge and middle (in which case drop the BF-1) or a Les Paul with bridge and neck pickups (leave the BF-1 in)

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! :)
I'm sure your advice is sound but I really know nothing about guitars
and pedals themselves... I get that you're mentioning using overdrive and chorus pedals
but I really wouldn't know where to start seeing as I don't have an electric guitar or
pedals. That's why I hoping someone will have some advice regrading the actual synthesis,
like from a square or saw wave, of this sound...
Thanks for shedding some light on the subject though! :)

problem is you will have very little success trying to synthesise it as the sound is distinctly guitaristic in nature and the pedals are what changes the tone of the strings through the pickups to the sound you hear in the mix

Check out ample sound guitars all there plugins come with pedals built into the plugin one of the best plugins I ever purchased for a specific sound

Back