How to get this house piano sound.

Yumid

Really hard lead piano chords. I know you need a good starting point obviously. But then what would be your processing approach?
Im not sure about my starting point, I'm thinking Native Instruments The Giant on the hard preset. Any other suggestions within komplete ultimate?

Perfect example is in here. Starts at 30 seconds.

Last edited:
wouldn't do too much in the way of processing this beyond getting velocities right (maybe a smidge of light send reverb)

I can hear one of the Alicia keys patches that might do this nicely (don't currently have 10 so no access to the other pianos you have)

new thought - what's your daw? - the grand piano in pro-tools sounds pretty much close to the sound you are looking for

new thought - what's your daw? - the grand piano in pro-tools sounds pretty much close to the sound you are looking for

Yah since ive posted this Im starting to realize its a really common piano sound. It just sounds so nice and full because there are a bunch of different octave layers i think? Well 2 layers anyway.

and yah pro tools

Cut a lot of low, and add a lot of high to a natural sounded sampler (I don't know which one you're using)

It's actually not full at all, it's bright and thin

Back