How do you do drumrolls?? on FL studio?

drum rolls are pretty easy if u know how to play drums, what knid of music u make? if u vibe with ur melodies with a pair of drum sticks rolls would be a breeze

well since its hip hop u dont have to worry about drum rolls, drum rolls are for like reggae, rock and r&b that uses live drums. jus listen to ur favourite hip hop track and try to build them back in fruity. most hip hop track have a tempo of 88- 100 bpm not sure but its up to u. in terms of samples for starters work with the hip hop samples that came with fruity, if u wanna make like with 808 use the vintage samples. hope this helps

hes talkin about drum rolls in his beat like jeezy and jigga with "go crazy" and how theres a constant drum roll goin on

id like to know myself

well its about using toms in your beat when u do a the fill u jus add som toms near to the end and do that ever 8 bars or so to make ur beat steady becuase to much drum rolls r not good, i'm a drummer and i have been told many times by professional musicains.

Reign of Terror said:
hes talkin about drum rolls in his beat like jeezy and jigga with "go crazy" and how theres a constant drum roll goin on

id like to know myself
I guess your talkin about snare rolls too like you would hear in a downsouth track. All you gotta do is change the piano roll quantization from 1/16 to 1/32.

Reign of Terror said:

id like to know myself

that is actually not a good example because the drum roll in "go crazy" is actually in the sample

Yea just fill in every 8th bar of your track with a tom on every 1/16 note in that bar. then you can listen and take out what you dont want. And with Dirty south style just instead of filling in the tom fill it in with the snare....experiment and listen.

ok thanks guys...it was a BIG help...now im gonna experiment...peace out thanks again

well if you look at the scores ection in your browser theres a few drum roll patterns that u can place to the instument

Back