How to do this type of delay effect?

MilDlrDime

Chrap-a-holic
The lead at the drop of the track.
It's a simple lead with a delay and it sounds ****ing dope! (1:00)

Can someone explain how I would do that type of synth as well as the delay effect? Sounds like the delay pitched up or a different sound?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you on about the melody synth in the beginning? If so it just sounds like a melody line he has wrote which is being panned hard left to hard right per each new note.. then there is a Ping Pong delay set to the time of 1/8ths, he is then gradually increasing the feedback on it to make it start to distort ever so slightly.

The synth i am unsure how to make in terms of oscillators! However i know it has zero/very little attack and a short release which has a low pass filter on it from the start which is being opened up in the intro.

Hope that helps!

Are you on about the melody synth in the beginning? If so it just sounds like a melody line he has wrote which is being panned hard left to hard right per each new note.. then there is a Ping Pong delay set to the time of 1/8ths, he is then gradually increasing the feedback on it to make it start to distort ever so slightly.

The synth i am unsure how to make in terms of oscillators! However i know it has zero/very little attack and a short release which has a low pass filter on it from the start which is being opened up in the intro.

Hope that helps!

I'm talking about at 1:00 in
Thanks though

Last edited:
Sorry man, just re read your original post and saw you said 1:00!

I just had a quick go trying to recreate the synth at 1:00.. Its not exact, but pretty close

I used 3 oscillators..

OSC 1: Sine wave, pitched down 1 octave, only mixed in very sightly to give a bit more depth to the tone

OSC 2: Square wave, LFO on a very high rate (40 - 50hz)

OSC 3: Square wave, pitched down a few cents

Envelope Shape

Short attack
Medium decay
Long sustain
Short - med release

Idon't know what you mean about the delay bit, but if you mean the rhythm of the synth it sounds sidechained to give a stuttering effect. Also the note which is much higher pitched just sounds like hes taken the same tone of synth described above and then filtered out part of the lows and increased the attack slightly.

Sorry man, just re read your original post and saw you said 1:00!

I just had a quick go trying to recreate the synth at 1:00.. Its not exact, but pretty close

I used 3 oscillators..

OSC 1: Sine wave, pitched down 1 octave, only mixed in very sightly to give a bit more depth to the tone

OSC 2: Square wave, LFO on a very high rate (40 - 50hz)

OSC 3: Square wave, pitched down a few cents

Envelope Shape

Short attack
Medium decay
Long sustain
Short - med release

Idon't know what you mean about the delay bit, but if you mean the rhythm of the synth it sounds sidechained to give a stuttering effect. Also the note which is much higher pitched just sounds like hes taken the same tone of synth described above and then filtered out part of the lows and increased the attack slightly.

Hah, actually I added that 1:00 in the first post after you came in to clarify it for everyone.

Thank you on the synth design, the delay I am talking about is like you know when it's played it has a lower "clink" then is immediately followed with a higher pitched "clink" right afterwards. I'm trying to achieve that effect.

Last edited:
there is no delay as such just repeated notes that shift in pitch as the line progresses

I would categorise this sound as a something akin to tuned bottles (tuned using water) or water gongs with accurate pitch markings

Back