How do my supersaws sound?

Alska

Alska
Hello :) So lately I've been working on designing my own supersaws and personally I think they came out really great. However, I'm no sound design expert haha so I wanted to see what others though of my demo with my added supersaws in it :) Forgive me for any mistakes, I've only been producering music seriously for about 3, going on 4 months now, and I feel I'm a lot better, from when I posted my first song " Open Skies ". So go easy on me haha :) Thanks for listening! And all advice and support is appreciate from the bottom of my heart ! :3

LINK HERE: https://soundcloud.com/ofjapan/tale-i-demo

If they sound ok to you, then that's all that matters, surely?

Wow you're the first person I've met that actually said something like that, which is really cool. xD I totally agree with you, I just asked because I don't know much about making supersaws so figured I'd share my sound and see if others have anything to say about it :) Personally yeah I feel its just fine haha! Thanks aagain :3

They sound great!

Though you could add another supersaw layer to it, that's a bit more stable and solid, perhaps use an even lighter detune on this layer (and a lower volume on the detune voices if possible, if not, add a 3rd layer with no detune and crossfade between these 2), and blend it in.
Then I can imagine this layer would contribute the best if it had a slight wide EQ boost at perhaps 500-600 Hz. A cutting highshelf on the new layer as well should work as well, so the highend of the end result doesn't get too crowded.

Hmm, maybe cut back the noise a hint, like 1 dB or so.

On a little sidenote, I recently watched an in-the-studio clip with Audien, and he gave the awesome advice to lowpass the supersaw, and highpass the noise, and let the noise do the work as the highend completely, since the highend of the actual saws in a supersaw can sound a little too gritty and not fat enough.
But of course this doesn't apply to each case but I might as well share it. :)

Good luck!

They sound great!

Though you could add another supersaw layer to it, that's a bit more stable and solid, perhaps use an even lighter detune on this layer (and a lower volume on the detune voices if possible, if not, add a 3rd layer with no detune and crossfade between these 2), and blend it in.
Then I can imagine this layer would contribute the best if it had a slight wide EQ boost at perhaps 500-600 Hz. A cutting highshelf on the new layer as well should work as well, so the highend of the end result doesn't get too crowded.

Hmm, maybe cut back the noise a hint, like 1 dB or so.

On a little sidenote, I recently watched an in-the-studio clip with Audien, and he gave the awesome advice to lowpass the supersaw, and highpass the noise, and let the noise do the work as the highend completely, since the highend of the actual saws in a supersaw can sound a little too gritty and not fat enough.
But of course this doesn't apply to each case but I might as well share it. :)

Good luck!

Thanks I'll definitely do that! By any chance do you have a link to that clip? If I may ask :0

Back