How do I find out what keys support my voice?

Valentino1

I sing C2 to C3 comfortly what keys would support my voice sense I sing comfortably from C2 to C3 on a 61 keyboard? Also How do I find out what key to play my music in sense I singfrom C2 to C3 on a 61 keyboard?

Last edited:
quick question, since valentino sings C2 to C3 comfortably, thats an entire scale. so in theory, Shouldnt any key be able to support it? or are those keys that tend to be more common for the lower frequencies?

C2-C3 means that he is singing a 5th above and a 4th below F2 - which is about the usual range in the key of F

C2-C3, is only an octave, Most singers have an octave and 4th or an octave and a 5th as their range. Moving on to those with trained voices some get two octaves or even three, by using falsetto/head voice as well as chest voice. What Valentino hasn't said is whether this is a supported voice (chest voice) or a throat voice, which is actually going to damage his vocal chords (think nodules on the vocal chords a benign form of cancer that can metastasise into malignant cancer if not treated) or a head voice.

With a bit of work, I am sure that Valentino can actually get to F3 no problems

In G C2 is a fifth below and C3 is a 4th above, reverse of F

Depending on the song, Cmajor/aminor may work.

As for other keys, difficult to tell.

Gb/F# major/EbD# minor is possible, as is E major/C#minor but it would be stretching it.

Last edited:
Not to jack the thread but I had my range looked at and I'm a little over 2 1/2 octaves with no prior training.

Where would you say that falls in terms of low, average, above average and also how much extra should I expect to be able to gain with training?

Well it seems the op is no longer interested as much as he has blacked out his post.

as for what to expect it is hard to say. certainly having 2+ octaves is rare without training. So I would find a teacher who can take you through the process and work with them on what is possible and what is not.

I need to correct the forum I sing from G2 to D5

Um, not to quibble, but are you a soprano by any chance - i.e. a girl/woman?

This is the expected range for a soprano with training

The G below middle C (G2) to the D above the treble clef staff (D5)

I can fake a F4 using falsetto/head voice and go as low as A1 with a good solid range from C2-C4 (it would be better but I don't practice any more)

Back