How to create this type of music? cinematic?

Dennis1990

What type of music is this???
It sounds like orchestra sounds but more structured for movies.

What instruments were used in this theme song.

And how are ways to create this movie/cinematic type sounding music??

Can't listen right now, but I watch the show and have it in my head generally.

What do you have at your disposal? I doubt the stock sounds of a DAW are gonna cut it unless you do a lot of work to them.

You can make a very orchestral track with strings, woodwinds, and a timpani. Sometimes you don't even need the woodwinds.

Biggest tip would be to create dynamics. You don't want to make a track in logic where all the strings sit at the same volume all the time. Automate the volume. Real players have dynamics, and you want things sounding real. In fact, If I'm in the mood for an orchestral type thing I don't loop anything. I play it all the way through so it's always different.

There are plugins with better sounds of course. Native Instruments has action strings. Symphonic Orchestra.

The toughest part of orchestration thru midi is the realism, ime. Accents, glides, trills.. these are tough to recreate naturally without some nicer orchestra software.

Otherwise, composing for an orchestra is a whole new language in music, if you're not familiar with it. Depending how deep you wanna go (and the WD soundtrack goes deep), you're not just talking about the trumpet section.. but often there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trumpet parts within the full group. Same goes for woodwinds... alto sax is used differently than tenor. Oboe vs Clarinet? Piccolo vs Flute? Viola, Violin, Cello, DoubleBass in the strings section.. and they also typically have 1st and 2nd (harmony) parts within each instrument group.

Like I said, if you wanna get heavy into it, you can learn a lot about music studying orchestration/cinematic music. Check YouTube, or just listen to some composed music. Some online lessons will have you listen while they scroll the music in front of you. Even if you can't read music, you can follow along enough to realize how everything is working together.

Back