How To Create This Synth? (dubstep/pop)

Chaystic

YouTube - Britney Spears - Seal It With A Kiss
starts @ 0:18

I've been trying to create this with all kind of plugins but I can't get it right...it's not an woob bass exactly, but sounds kinda like it I don't know...can anyone of you guys help me? does someone know how to create it, or know a plugin that can easily create that sound? thanks

no idea dude. try asking boyinaband.com

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

He's good at figuring out synths

just a couple of saw waves with slight detuning, some envelope control on the filter and quick release/cutoff.

Should be pretty easy to make with Massive, as written above its just saw waves, use the same technique to make a wobble bass but without the wobble.

Ok this is a little more complicated than that guys... you will get a gritty bass without the wobble that way... but the tone comes from wavetable modulation... sounds like this 'might' have been made in massive but you never know... it can be done with some of the waveforms in massive... or if you have FM or formant modulation on any synths you can get sounds similar to this... but getting the same sound will be really hard due to the fact that dubstep producers spend their whole sound design life making bass sounds

oh yea and Dave from boyinaband.com is a really cool guy and has some great reason videos... good to translate synth material when your learning

Last edited:
dont think its just two saws, listen to the release.
sounds 100% like massive. Could be using a saw/pwm wav then a different layer, sounds very raw so maybe the melo or grn 1
that is moded with the phase modulation

it has a lfo or pitch env on the pitch just a small amount

Back