how to compose songs for lyrics??

RhyanCrisis

from my understanding the singer is who composes the melody. I know the producer can put a melody in the beat that he wants the singer to singer to... but lets say we want them to make the melody, would i just make the chords and drums?.. and leave the canvas blank for them? or what are some ways that help you guys when you composing songs for a singer?....

Example: a singer has a song together, title and verse BUT NO HOOK.....
what would you do for a beat to complete the song?... would you make drums and chords to the beat?.. and see if it matches it or what?... i'm basically looking for tips or tricks to compose a whole song far as making the beat, composing the lyrics, and being able to make the lyrics melodic....

please let me know if this is unclear...

Sounds like a cop out to me - if you are composing the song then you write the melody rather than leaving it to chance and a singer of unknown skills.

Seriously, the biggest problem that confronts most folks is the ability to take words and turn them into a rhythm.

Look into poetic meter and accent schemes for the various types of meter - there is a lot out there that should give you some ideas on how to approach taking individual words and applying a rhythmic pattern to them.

Once you have a rhythm and a chord progression, creating the melody is almost an automatic task. There are tricks to making a melody have flow and structure, even how to use small ideas to build larger melodic phrases; all readily discoverable by getting books and accessing reliable websites.

ahh ok, so its generally best that producers make the melody. any books or websites you can recommend? i've checked out some sites like todaysbeats, modernbeat, and beat generals... but they are mostly someone making a beat and you watch, none really telling theory behind it and all.. So any websites like that you can send out please do. and thanks bandcoach

Back