How can i use effects for horrible sounds?

Moses619

This guy made a horrible preset sound so much better.

YouTube

I thought you had to search through presets in order to find a good sound. I didn't know you can ise effects on a sound to make it sound much better.

What is the action called for using effects to make a horrible sounding presets better? I think it's called " sound design" if i'm correct, let me know if i'm wrong.

It’s called “adding effects.” But seriously, if you think the sound is truly horrible, an effects patch is not going to magically make it marvelous.

GJ

It’s called “adding effects.” But seriously, if you think the sound is truly horrible, an effects patch is not going to magically make it marvelous.

GJ
But the guy proved your point wrong though. He added effects to a horrible sound making it sound better. Maybe i just have to to just find good sounds already made?

Last edited:
But the guy proved your point wrong though. He added effects to a horrible sound making it sound better. Maybe i just have to to just find good sounds already made?

it is way more work to try and polish a turd into gold. instead of taking gold and adding sparkle & warmth.

Right^^^^.

He didn't really prove anything, he made something that he said was no good, into something that he said was ok, by adding effects. Well, effects *are* supposed to enhance sounds. But the source itself is the most important thing. If you start with a good sound, and use effects correctly, it will make that good sound even better. But making something crappy into something barely useable (of course, all extremely subjective!) isn't that amazing, imho.

GJ

Hi, I'm a sound!

I'm dry. There's no effects added to me.
Now, someone puts me through a nice distortion, a lush reverb, and a chorus.

Am I the same sound?

Back