how to achieve this clean chill sound?

oofoe

unidentified flying objct
hey guys, im new to the forum - this is my first thread, really diggin it! great communty :)
i recently got the waves lp from coryayo and wun two and cant stop listening to it (please search for it on google, i have to make 5 posts in order to post links, sorry :( )
every single track has its chill atmosphere. my question would be, how you would approach to make it sound close to that or where do i still have to improve? please give me all the advice you got. on how they made alle their drum/bass lines so catchy? what samples i should look for? im using an sp404 and ableton and a pretty standard keyboard, but i think im not lacking hardware for this.

oofoe

How they make their bass lines so catchy is practicing and cycling through a lot of creative material then filtering out the weak shit and keeping the good stuff. But check this out, I listened to a few tracks on that album and then I checked out your stuff and dude you're on the right track. If you're trying to sound like these guys keep doing what you're doing.

So what they do with the rhythm is offset the drums, kind of in a "swing" for the bar. That's what creates that groove where the rhythm kind of "trips" over itself.

Im guessin just eqing everything so its crisp, nice compression, light spacey reverb to spread everything out and just making sure nothing gets muddy, then when you got the melodies down you're sorted brother

thank you guys. this has helped a lot! nice techniques, i didnt really know of until now. im still pretty new to my daw

Back