Help with Baauer Harlem Shake Sound?

gxd

Aloha Everyone,

I registered here specifically to ask you sound pros how to recreate the synth in Baauer's song "Harlem Shake." It starts at 15 seconds of the following clip:

youtube . com/watch?v=Bk1_DbbzSdY

(Sorry, I can't post the full URL apparently)

It seems pretty simple, but I've been trying to reproduce it in massive for a while now, and it's an utter mess. Can someone help break down the components or point to a patch that would be a good starting point?

Mahalos!!

Thanks for the reply! The vst's that you linked to look interesting. I'm going to download those and play with them.

I have the 808 part. I built an 808 in massive using a sin wav and a custom envelope, so that part should be good. But the synth that gets clearer at 0:15 is what is throwing me.

Thanks for the tip on "Blow my whistle". I tried looking it up, but I'm not sure if you are referring to a massive preset, or to the Flo Rida song "Whistle."

If you're talking about the song, I am able to reproduce a decent whistle (I made a whistle sound for a cover of breakmachine - street dance a while ago, remember that song?), but I'm not sure how to modify it to get the sound from the track.

I've gotten a little closer, but the sound I have is still garbage.

Any help is appreciated!

blow my whistle as in the European Hit

Now that I know what you are actually talking about the synth that was there all the time, I'll have another listen and offer some hints in a bit......

Back