Harmonics

Wow there's a question! Interesting. Only thing i can think of is to match the eq's. Take the fingerprint of the one sound and apply it to the other.

Edit: although that's frequencies obviously not necessarily the harmonics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just incase anyones wondering i realised this is easy and all you do is layer the drums and set a volume ratio to the way you want it and clip the other drum sample using a gate, autofilter or just time stretch it and that should bring out the harmonics you want.

although I was thinking more of taking an impulse response and using that to shape the response of other percussion hits via some form of convolution - or maybe even correlation

The are spectral synthesisers that can probably morph between different spectrums, but spectral synthesis is really just high end vocodering.

Ozone can measure the frequency curve of one thing and apply it to another, but its designed to be kinda time-independent in that it is for whole mixes. You could probably use it on individual drum hits by treating them each like tracks on their own. Would be a bit tedious though.

Back