Getting Rid of Hisssss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIGITUS

Ok... Yeah I'm kinda new at this... I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of that bothersome Hissing noise that appears once I turn my computers volume up. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it my soundcard? I'm using a Soundblaster 16 ( I'm ashamed to say ). If I upgraded to a better card, would that make the hiss go away?

If so, does anyone have a suggestion as to what cards work well?

I hate to ask so many questions, but I could use some advice. I'm not completely helpless at this; I just want to hear what others have to say.

Thanks

It could be a combination of things, starting with your soundcard having an inproper ground to it if you are running a cd audio cable. Or it could be the speakers you are using, or the wires that the speakers are connected to the soundcard with, or it could even be the soundcard itself.

You should probably try to unhook the audio cable from your cdrom drive and see if the noise is still there, if it is then try and use a different set of speakers, and then if its still there i'd suggest getting a new soundcard. Even after all this if your computer is still making the same sound then the problem most likely lies somewhere in your software.

hope this helps.

/.v

mmhh... I think you posted the same question in two different forums. I replied to your other thread by the way. Closing thread/double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back