Free Book- "Music Theory for Producers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJackson

*UPDATE*
The free Offer is now over, however, you can get it for cheap as follows:

here is a link for FP members to purchase the book for $10 (reg $21.95 on Amazon).

http://www.MusicTheoryForProducers.wordpress.com/FP

*UPDATE*

Hey all, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years, but decided to register because I have something for you. I've written a book on music theory specifically for producers. I read and studied lots of material on music theory, but I felt that a lot of the content was irrelevant to beatmaking. My book is just the basics of what you need, with examples from songs you're very familiar with.

cover_zps2ff3287f.jpg

Here are the songs analyzed in the book:

Elevators - OutKast
The Otherside - The Roots
Blow My High - Kendrick Lamar
Apache Rose Peacock - RHCP
Xxplosive - Dr. Dre
Call Tyrone - Erykah Badu
Let Me Watch - MF DOOM
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Ms. Jackson - OutKast
Poundcake - Drake
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi/Ratatat
Hol' Up - Kendrick Lamar
Seventeen Years - Ratatat
Big Poppa - Notorious B.I.G.
Kids - MGMT
Stan - Eminem
Breaking Away - Ratatat
Girl - Destiny's Child

Since I like FP, I can give some copies away for free. Just post on here and let me know if you want one.

If you want to recommend it to a friend or whomever, it can be found here on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love a copy it would be highly appreciated. Seriously . I'll recommend it to everyone I know
Haha thanks, but don't recommend it until you read it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you

Last edited:
May I have a copy of your book? I'm still very green when it comes to music theory, and would love to understand it better.

Gonna be honest, not sure if this is a good thing or not. If you have a passion for making music ALL music theory should be relevant. But that doesn't mean I don't wanna check it out, cant judge it by its cover without even knowing what the cover looks like haha. I still have A TON to learn about theory so every source is a plus.

How do I get a copy, ill pm you now. Why aren't you just posting it? Seems a lot easier than emailing everyone. Unless you're just sending everyone a virus, then I guess this would be the right approach :hello:

Last edited:
This is a really good idea aiming it at producers specifically and that song selection is amazing! I would love a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back