fl studio extend pattern longer copy paste

$nate88

Hi please can you tell me how to copy a say 4 bar loop in pattern mode into a 8 bar I know u can do this in song mode but I need it this way for a certain workflow im wanting to try. ive moved to fl from reason thats why some things im still figuring out im just trying to copy paste the whole pattern into a longer one.

thanks

To my knowledge, this is not possible without opening the piano roll and copying the notes over.

A quick word suggestion on the workflow; I don't recommend doing too much in the step sequencer other than basic notes and rhythms. FL has phased out a few of the controls in the step sequencer in FL 12's beta; mostly because the piano roll is way more flexible.

I don't mean to criticize anyone's workflow, but this is a very particular case. Being new to FL, you'll save yourself a lot of time by getting more familiar with the piano roll.

I agree, you should try switching over to the piano roll, just like I did. You can send the notes from the step sequencer into the piano roll and there you can copy/paste notes very easily with ctrl+c/ctrl+v.

Back