Favourite Orchestra VST

edirol for me as well. I keep hearing about the east west, but haven't drop the loot for that since I am content with what I currently have.

I forget about Vienna, DAMN.

As far as quality you get what you pay for with the orchestral VSTs, but unless you're doing film scoring as a professional career edirol or EW Gold should be fine.

Last edited:
djblak11 said:
My fav is Edirol Orchestral, but only cause I don't have the money for EWSL right now.:rolleyes:

Yea dat Edirol is pure fyah

finally, a thread that's not hatin on edirol orchestral! I want to try EWQLSO but not cause I'm not happy with orchrestral, but because I've used orchestrals sounds over and over and I need to find some more.

I've just started using Edirol as well, beats everything else I've used yet but i'll need to check out this EastWest business

yea silver edition is only $175 which is pretty much a amazing deal because the power of the symphonic orchestra is crazy.......i use that for all my beats whether its crunk, epic, or r&b......i really enjoy hypersonic 2 also!!

I finally just got edirol... YAH, that was just what I wanted!!

this thread reminded me, that I now have an XP system that can handle it, unlike my older 98se setup had.

2 thumbs up for edirol!

(and long live ArCTiC, who ever the heck he is, he's a SAINT, LMAO)

i was disappointed w/ Miroslav Philharmonik. I bought the IK bundle & was happy with 2/3 of it.

I'll second the disappointment. I've been using Miroslav Philharmonik for a while, but after hearing some work using EWQL orchestra I'm pretty set on investing in that. Philharmonik just takes up too much processing power for what it is. It requires you to layer at least 3 or 4 "instruments" on top of each other to get any kind of full sound. Plus I wasn't too impressed with the effects.

Back