Fast Tracker 2 won't work, does anybody know?

E

e4

I have FT2 for quit a while now, and it never caused any problems, but since the day I put a new soundblaster card in my PC, FT2 failes to work. Does anybody know what causes this problem, and does anybody have any suggestions,

with kind regards,

e4

trackers are not really compatible with the new environments today (windows etc..). Were you on a straight DOS 6 computer before this PC?

No. On a windows 98. machine. It automatically went in ms-dos mode when I ran FT2. The proble occurred only after I installed a new soundblaster card

What soundcard did you have before the soundblaster one? And by the way... the "msdos mode" of windows 98 has only little to do with the real "straight" DOS 6,and some software are refusing to work because of this.

Now.. you said it was working before...

I think I know... Nowaday, when you install a soundblaster card, it doesn't always install and set correctly the DOS SB16 emulation (or whatever the name is), and it is often that DOS sound problems occurs.

Right now I have a Soundblaster 128 card, and before that one I had a Soundblaster 16.

But what you are suggesting,is to reinstall the sb128 software?

yes try that.... and also make sure you install the DOS drivers as well... Now they even call it DOS SB16 emulation I think.

Post the results, and we'll try to help out if it doesn't work

I will, thanks for your time and help. You will hear from me again.

e4

It has been a while since I've been here, but it's good to be back...

But the case is I still cant't get Fast Tracker to work under windows 98. I have reinstalled my soundcard (soundblaster 128) and I have even changed my audio IRQ number from 5 to 7, but it just won't work...

So now I want to try something else... Does anybody know a similar Tracker that will work under the conditions I have on my PC!?

awaiting you reply

e4

P.S. It's killin' me, not making any music (I have tried Modtracker, but that one sucks)

Thanks, I've tried it, and it's pretty good, but not as easy to use as FT2 (I'm pretty spoiled with ft2), but I just have to get over that, and accustom myself with Modplug Tracker...

But any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks hitman, nad everybody else of course

e4

I used to be addicted to trackers, FT2, then Modplug tracker...They are good programs. If ya wanna get into a slightly better program with better sound quality and more features try the Fruityloops demo http://www.fruityloops.com
It works for me hehe.

I've downloaded it.. Looks pretty cool. I have a similar program - Rebirth RB-338 from Propellorhead - but that one is pretty complicated, and it doesn't have a tracker with it. So I'm gonna goof around with this fruityloops s.w.

Thanks Crazeenath...

b.t.w. I have downloaded some music from you, sounds pretty cool! did you do it all in fruity loops?

Yea man....all my tracks are done with fruityloops, I've had this program for 1 1/2 yrs and still learning new things about it. Hope ya have fun with it.

well .. try this option .. put the SET BLASTER command line with appropriate parameters in your autoexec.bat file ..
and then try running FT2 ..
or use the F8 option and start in DOS MODE ..
this should help ..
i am not sure about compatibility issues of new SB cards with trackers. i konw for sure that Impulse Tracker won't run on a SB Live! card .. not sure about others ..

hope this has been of some help ..
and btw, check out http://www.mp3.com/devic .. all of it is tracked .. hehe ..

Back