Fade In effect and white noise (Avicii).

Hi everyone , at first i want to apologize if this was asked previously but i couldn't find this anywhere.
I wonder if anyone here knows how to recreate the fade in effect i hear in a lot of edm Music. A good example is Avicii - You Make me . Right in the beginning the first Piano hit is kinda faded in. Thats what i mean. It sounds like a loop of a chorus or reverb of the Piano or something like that.
The other Thing would be the "white noise" they use to fill the track after the drop or sometimes used as a snare substitute. You can hear that in the same Song, most noticeable at 1:25 .
Anything that could help me recreate these is appreciated.
Thanks in advance , The Great Implyer.

Last edited:
1.reverse.
2.white noise, as you already said. generate it in a synth, sidechain and manipulate how you want.

Just reverse a sample of you hitting a key on the piano.

That's his signature white noise sweep (which he uses too often imo, he should have some variation haha). Just generate white noise.
Then lowpassfilter it down slightly (to perhaps 1-2 kHz), add some resonance to it, then let it run through another filter (allpass-filter) and add some resonance and set the cutoff further down compared to the first filter. Then let both filters sweep up, but let filter 2 do it after filter 1.
Then there could be some additional highpassing at last part of that sweep to create mroe tension, experiment with that.

Back