Extracting sound of a song

gentle

Hi There,

maybe my question is kind of naive (i don't know very much about composing), but is there any software or possibility to isolate a special sound out of a regulary song on a cd?

with other words i would like to use only the guitars of a song for my own mix.

thanx for any help,
gentle

no it's not possible.
unfortunately

when you DJ, you don't "really" do a total remix of a song, you have to deal with the master mix done in studio. Its part of the thing

if you want to do a serious remix of a song, you have to be a little known and ask the record label for a remix request. If they agree, they'll send you the material (Separated tracks and samples) of a song.

But hey.. this happens only if you are FatBoySlim or some other big guy :)

Check around napster(before it shuts down!) for instrumentals.. hopefully you will be in luck

The only true way to get the seperate peices is have them sepetated or have the exact same version of the instrumental(or acapella) and use it to subtract that from the mix

You can Extract Vocals and Instrumentals!

At first I though the only way to get the instrumental or Acapella off of a track was to buy the single 12" vinyl....

But through contacting my sources Paul ferris Producer for Sash, Dj X, And others...

He sent me a program through the mail that he told me if I had a copy of the orginal cd one bought in any store. That it will rip the Acapella and instrumental off any track.

I got the software in the mail and found out that the program actually works...

If you want any info about the program email me

maligs@hotmail.com

It takes like 1 hour or less per track, but its well worth it for home mixes..
So you dont have to spend money on just a single.. which adds up..

"Being a Dj means we have 12 inches of lovin for tha women"

hey kasper whats that program run?$$$$$? just curious. if you dont want to post it here email me at davin831@yahoo.com later

hey Kasper, could u post the name of the prog? Or if u r offline, could anyone else suggest the name of the awesome sounding prog? i would be interested to know, at least to find a demo version...

ManoOne said:
no it's not possible.
unfortunately

when you DJ, you don't "really" do a total remix of a song, you have to deal with the master mix done in studio. Its part of the thing

if you want to do a serious remix of a song, you have to be a little known and ask the record label for a remix request. If they agree, they'll send you the material (Separated tracks and samples) of a song.

But hey.. this happens only if you are FatBoySlim or some other big guy :)

do you know, if they agree that you can do a remix. in what form they send the material? is it always dat? if it is, what's the format of audio? wav, aif..? or could they send just plain audio or data-cd?

and when your djing and playing with master mixes, search also xtended mixes or just originals along with instrumentals and acapellas... especially if you have only short 3-5 minute version available first.

peace

Back