Eminem / Dr. Dre Guitar

T. Fox Productions

Can I Downlaod a Miko?
Ive searched every preset and tried to make the "lose control" west coast guitar with pretty much every effect lol but nothing really sounds similar to the one they used i hear it in a lot of west coast tracks im guessing its a muted or strat guitar but after that im lost...i apreciate any help :D

You are right...it is a muted or strat guitar...try funk guitar presets if your have any...I know there is one on the Triton and in Hypersonic...

Good Luck

DJ Kru

yes it its most likely a strat in my opinion. but most likely was played with a real guitar which is pretty hard to emulate on software

Krazy K Productions said:
You are right...it is a muted or strat guitar...try funk guitar presets if your have any...I know there is one on the Triton and in Hypersonic...

Good Luck

DJ Kru
Huh????

I guess they actually using a real guitar with some good preamp, and hire a good guitarist. You won't create exactly that sound with soft synths, but you can make them sound good too.

my motif refill also has something like that

Its a real guitar. Its very simple. Any kid will play it.. just use an electric guitar and record it clean. tweak it later.

Krazy K Productions said:
Lol in the plugins/workstations I use/have used, there are presets for muted guitars and strat guitars so I figured they were different...

Peace
DJ Kru

I just wanted to clear things up a bit;

A strat guitar is a model or type of guitar made by fender, called the stratocaster, in the 1950's. The strat and Gibson's les paul are pretty much icons in the guitar game.

A muted guitar just refers to the style of playing, so it can be played on any guitar.

Here's a quote from http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/muting.html

"There are a few kinds of muting. The most common is to allow the heel of your picking hand to gently rest on the strings near the bridge so that you can still hear the note, but not the ringing. This gives the guitar a more percussive sound. Rhythm player often use this technique to make their part more compact sound wise, a funkier sound than ringing chords"

Hope that helps somebody. :sing:

Back