Dubstep & Sound Design Masters - Please help!

deepfryguy

I'm fairly well versed in synthesis and digital audio.....however I'm having a very difficult time nailing a sound and I hoped that perhaps someone on the forums could lend an ear and perhaps see if they can nail the sound..then share some synth settings with me.I thought it would be a piece of cake for me to match.I'm trying to get a bass synth sound like this:Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" music video on VimeoNOw..I have tried:2 oscillators 1 saw and one square....slight detune.....adsr on osc pitch (slightly).Tempo synced Sine wave LFO modulating AMP, Low Pass filter...lfo rate controlled by mod wheel so that I can control mod tempo from 1/4 note to 1/8 to 1/16 note(flutter)..Final touches.....saturation/distortion..I've also tried to use note re trigger to get the flutter instead of lfo..in other words I trigger the note at 1/4, 1/8, to 1/16th interval to get the fluttering bass sound..but I think I would need a way of changing adsr dynamically so that the overall sound dynamic changed duration with my re trigger timing.Could this be few instruments blended seamlessly in the sound??Would love it if someone could noodle with their soft synth of choice and see if they can match the bass sound linked to above..then share their settings (osc freq, filter types, adsr settngs, lfo shape, etc) ..Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back