dreaming when you are making digital noises

rapperc**pants

my songs are hidden unless you hear it acceptingly, and then the song will transform... the same thing goes for my paintings.
I find im lost when it comes to a competing sound, because unless you hear it, then its just not as good as it could have been.

when you hear the clap, it sounds like an amazing alien gurgle, but unfortunately it doesnt seem to be the only way to listen to it.

So I guess im going to give up, I just dont want to leave it... to deny the fact you could listen in that way, just seems like too much of a loss.

But I guess I have to know, other people probably wont hear it. If you challenge the song, then probably you wont hear it...

Do not give up. It's wonderful to have such a vision for your music. Here is something to consider:

If you don't think your ideas are translating properly to your listener the way they are in your head, then perhaps you need to get better. The true mark of a great producer, musician, songwriter, engineer, etc, is how they can COMMUNICATE what's in their head EFFECTIVELY.

Most of the greats do this in some regard. They have a unique vision or sound, and everything they do is about that. They communicate something new in a familiar way.

If people are listening to your music and they aren't "getting it," don't blame them. Blame yourself. But then try even harder.

Music is the most incredible, rewarding thing. But it's also hard. And personal. And interpersonal. And communication. And power. And a story. And a feeling.

Keep creating. Challenge yourself. You just may surprise yourself and your listeners in the next 6 months with how much better you get at communicating your ideas.

gTOJH0E.jpg

Attachments

• gTOJH0E.jpg
    gTOJH0E.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 44

Hahaha, we need this a lot more often!!

Anyway, the important part is that you enjoy doing it, there's no other valid reason to produce music than having fun doing it.
Further on, it may simply take some time before you meet your perfect audience. So try putting a little more effort in exploring your own world of music, and try to localize and find the audience that match your artistic views and approach those.
Also, I haven't heard your tracks, but maybe you haven't evolved enough to convey your emotions and such perfectly yet (I have no idea at what "stage" your'e in, but it's an interesting thought to consider).
Another thought I got, do you have the right state of mind when composing? I mean, do you keep your head cool and be moderately self-criticizing towards yourself?

Hahaha, we need this a lot more often!!
Most posts here are too serious, and I think a joke here and there doesn't make any harm. there are people who don't understand, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Although I must assume that my "joke" here is more a graphical view that I didn't understand what this thread do. I couldn't manage to understand the OP's line of thought.

Im feeling now its more of a gift someone hearing your song than you making the noises. :)

If I overcritize myself I find I end up just ignoring the little worth the song had in the first place.

Fantastic joke... terrible painting.

Last edited:
Back